Lights on bullbar

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

kingbillybongo
Bongolier

Lights on bullbar

Post by kingbillybongo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Can any one give me any tips on how to wire in spot lights on a bullbar
Many thanks in advance. ( :D Electrical novice :D )
[color=#0000BF]billybongofreedom[/color]
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Re: Lights on bullbar

Post by francophile1947 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:50 pm

They have to be wired to only come on with the main beam headlamps 8)
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:15 am

Hi
Are they the Mazda Cibie yellow ones , original equipment accessory type? as if so, they are foglights, not spots, and not spots....so, as such, they would need wiring in to switch on with dipped beam
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Post by Dr Fingers » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:49 am

If they're yellow fogs, then they should surely be wired to come on with the other fog lights??

I have the Cibies. Unfortunately I assumed it was the bulbs that are yellow, but actually it's in the glass. I want mine on full beam with white light for extra full beam power, so will have to change the Cibies for something else. I also have them wired to their own on/off switch on the dash, so I can use them only when really necessary.

Derek
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:04 am

Hi Derek
The yellow Cibie fogs are clear glass,but there is a little glass or plastic capsule which fits over the bulb which makes them yellow. They're actually quite good as fogs, and you could have a selector switch to choose which pair you want on....the low ones in the bumper, or the ones on the Bullbar. I replaced my Cibies with a pair of KC Daylighters spotlamps...very nice at 100 watts each and driving light pattern....essential over here as there are no road markings or street lights in the country :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.

Return to “Techie Stuff”