Speedo Illumination

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Ian
Supreme Being

Speedo Illumination

Post by Ian » Wed May 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Under the new MOT rules the speedometer must indicate your speed in MPH, and must be illuminated. Some of the speedo face plates (like the ones previously supplied by Wellhouse Leisure through the club shop) were fairly flimsy, and stuck on top of the original Japanese KM/h speedos. Has anyone had a problem with getting this through the new MOT rules?
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Re: Speedo Illumination

Post by mikeWalsall » Wed May 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Humm .. I hope they don't do an MOT in the dark as the converter face on mine as very poor illumination ..

JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Wed May 08, 2013 11:31 pm

Ian wrote:Under the new MOT rules the speedometer must indicate your speed in MPH, and must be illuminated.
I'm fine with that, proper imperial measurements.
How about they make petrol stations use imperial measurements too………………………….. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How much a gallon………………?
To infinity and beyond
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu May 09, 2013 3:57 am

Hi
Well...nobody expected the Spanish Imposition...well, actually the Brussels Imposition...they sneakily got us to accept the "10 finger" system of counting, known as Metrication, just to fool people into believing that it was nothing to do with the fact that the average Continental can't do arithmetic without using fingers to count on.....and such reasoning extends to the fact that 'yer average Continental wears flip-flops on their feet....there's another 10 digits to count...so, when a Continental starts looking down at the mere mention of adding up their shopping basket, it's not so much that they're in awe of the superior mathematical brain of the Average British (well, above average when it comes to maths), but the fact that they're engaging with nature's own abacus :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Thu May 09, 2013 7:45 am

No problem with White Plasma Dials.... :D
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:48 pm

helen&tony wrote:it's not so much that they're in awe of the superior mathematical brain of the Average British (well, above average when it comes to maths)
Blimey Helen, you must have been out of the UK for a long time :shock: :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
maxheadroom
Supreme Being

Post by maxheadroom » Thu May 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Keep the Faith

Colin H F
Supreme Being

Post by Colin H F » Thu May 09, 2013 7:27 pm

i made my own from a picture and resized it and printed it on to decent paper but it could not be read at night so i put some blue leds round it didn't give MOT a thought but its just passed anyway

prior owner of >>>>1999 2.5 diesel ex tin top &FORD FREDA 2000 2.0 LTR PETROL
towser
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by towser » Fri May 10, 2013 5:16 pm

My speedo mph face plate has no illumination at all bar the odometer numbers,this was a major disapointment after the exitment of knowing what my actual speed was.I guess a new speedo will have to be purchased for the mot and find a conversion that works.

Return to “Techie Stuff”