Outer CV joint boot replacement

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Outer CV joint boot replacement

Post by Simon Jones » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:43 pm

I've noticed one of my outer CV joint boots has just split. I'm trying to avoid taking the whole lot to bits, so was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with fitting a universal split type?

I've had a seach on here & it appears that AMK Automotive Components part number CBK 25 will fit. Before I spend all day Saturday trawling the local motor factors, does anyone know any alternative types?

Any advice much appreciated
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:46 am

You can also use Balco BCV809 or Bailcast CV514. If you have difficulty tracking them down, we stock the CBK25s here at the club.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:12 pm

Thanks for the info Ian. I found Camberley Auto Factors have a universal one: Drive Line Stickyboot, part number DUB2, for about ?16 inc VAT. Being universal, you have to chop one section off each end & then super glue the gap togther. I was rather doubtful it would work, but it seems to be holding up ok. Only issue is that the metal strap provided would not stay in place very well, so opted for a large cable tie instead. I'll look at getting a conventional one fitted at some point.

Return to “Techie Stuff”