Fuel Leak......

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

rhino-wayne
Bongolier

Re: Fuel Leak......

Post by rhino-wayne » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:03 am

I know you have had the fuel pump seals done =D> but just for others with the same problem:

Fuel Pump Seals (for 2.5ltr Diesel WLT)
Bosch Part No. 2460 223001-000
x2 seals

Total cost: £3.38...
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi
Glad some of your problems are cured..Steering leak MAY, and I say MAY be fixed by popping some Forte rack treatment in...It worked for me, but finally gave up , and I imported a new rack last year.
Most stuff , I get from the Club Shop, or Allans in Plymouth, so they're very used to shipping...any non-standard goodies, I have got from a variety of sources...PM me if you need info on where to get what shipped...including accessories from Japan.
Yes...we live here ...and you can drop in and see us!
I'd have loved to take you up on skiing, as I was an avid water-skier...and stacks of other sports.....BUT there's not enough space to list my injuries...some severe , and I might risk not walking if I tried skiing....anyway...PM me Bongo or other chat!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Titan1995
Tribal Elder

Post by Titan1995 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:10 pm

My steering rack leak was stopped with Lucas Stopleak.......however, will probably replace the rack later in the year.
macruryanne
Junior Bongonaut

Post by macruryanne » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:25 pm

We made it to Belfast and back on Sunday but although leak fixed there is absolutely no power going up any sort of an incline..... the Glenshane Pass (big hill north of ireland...) was very interesting. Max 40mph! Mechanic was talking about someting you can put in to clean the injector......but I'm talking about stuff I know nothing about. We'll send her back up and see what he thinks. Any other suggesions on what need done next would be very useful! :)
Titan1995
Tribal Elder

Post by Titan1995 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Seal technology has moved on a lot since the original fitment. Replacements should last a while.

However, it would appear that in extreme conditions pump seals are changed every five years. Somewhere like Iceland I believe.

How much fun it is lining up the woodruff key on the pump. An extra pair of hands very useful.

Return to “Techie Stuff”