Sliding door stuck shut

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

tim & angie
Bongonaut

Sliding door stuck shut

Post by tim & angie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:55 am

Help please?

Our sliding side door is stuck in the closed position (diesel tin-top). Ive checked all the fuses and they seem fine, all other cabin bits seem to work (lights, blinds, central locking) but the damn door wont open from either inside or out. Any suggestions before i try to take the inner door card off? Perhaps its just a coincidence but we had to call the AA out for a jump start last week (lights left on!) and i dont think the side door has been opened since.

Tim

P.s. has anyone ever fitted a warning buzzer to warn of lights left on?
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Re: Sliding door stuck shut

Post by francophile1947 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:35 pm

A good thump on the inside of the door normally works, but I'm not sure where. If you do a search, there's loads of threads on the same subject.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
tim & angie
Bongonaut

Post by tim & angie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:09 pm

Great advice francophile1947.

I checked some previous threads and gave it a few good thumps about 1/2 way up the door: bingo, the door opened and now seems to be working fine. One previous thread noted that this was quite common after having a flat battery so that ties in with our little 'lights on' issue! I will have to investigate getting a warning buzzer wired into the lighting circuit.

Many thanks Tim
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:43 pm

tim & angie wrote:Great advice francophile1947.

I checked some previous threads and gave it a few good thumps about 1/2 way up the door: bingo, the door opened and now seems to be working fine. One previous thread noted that this was quite common after having a flat battery so that ties in with our little 'lights on' issue! I will have to investigate getting a warning buzzer wired into the lighting circuit.

Many thanks Tim
Hi Tim,I would check your vehicle for the lights on warning function as it may be disconnected(most have this fitted from new)

Cheers.

Return to “Techie Stuff”