Wobbly mirror

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Stargazer
Bongonaut

Wobbly mirror

Post by Stargazer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:10 am

Hi All,
I need advice for my mirror on the drivers side, I think it must have been damaged somehow as it is now very loose, its generally ok but if I drive over 60mph it starts to wobble and then will flick out rendering it pretty useless (very dangerous too) It was a nightmare driving back from Somerset a few weeks ago. A friend advised that I try and glue it / bond it in some way but I'm not sure about this? Is it possible to get replacement mirrors and if so how much do they cost and are they easy to fit? Interested to know what my options are...Thanks in advance.
Home is where you park it..... :)
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Re: Wobbly mirror

Post by Driver+Passengers » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:21 am

There appear to be a couple on eBay, advertised between £30 and £50. Try giving bongobits4u2012 a call - number on web. Alternatively, a breaker near you might have one.

Worth eyeballing this picture at least once... http://lushprojects.com/bongopartsmk2/c ... mgno=.html

Most things can be fixed, but I've never had at a mirror, so can't really comment.
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 am

If its an electric retracting one.....I tried to repair one....and failed :-( get a replacement, or glue it.
steveyd
Bongolier

Post by steveyd » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi,

I'm also in the Oxford area and if I need any s/h bits I go to Discount Trucks down near Newbury (nr Washaway on the A34) - they don't advertise on ebay but they are always breaking a few Bongo's so if you're in the area they should be able to help.

cheers,

Steve
Ahead
Bongonaut

Post by Ahead » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:41 pm

Have you tried the retracting switch (fold the mirrors electically in then out)? Mine occasionally go wobbly if knocked but doing this trick seems to sort them out.
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Ahead wrote:Have you tried the retracting switch (fold the mirrors electically in then out)? Mine occasionally go wobbly if knocked but doing this trick seems to sort them out.
Good call. Worth a shot.
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.

Return to “Techie Stuff”