Passenger Central Locking

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

BongoBuds

Passenger Central Locking

Post by BongoBuds » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:12 pm

My passenger door is not opening but the driver, rear and sliding door are working fine. The key does not seem to work in the passenger door either. The bongo is a recent purchase so don't know where to start.

Any help gratefully received for a new bongonaut! Cheers.
longhaul8
Tribal Elder

Re: Passenger Central Locking

Post by longhaul8 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:18 pm

If you bought it from a dealer i would go back with it.

When you say the key is not working on the passenger door do you mean that door does not unlock or do you mean it only unlocks that door and does not operate the central locking ?

If it is just the cenral locking it does not operate it is proberly a broken wire in the loom between the door and the body a common problem.
BongoBuds

Post by BongoBuds » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:12 am

Unfortunately I bought it privately :( so will have to look at it myself. Key doesn't seem to open or lock the passenger so wondered if the barrel was knack erred an that's why it wasn't working. When I push the door knob down manually it makes a slight whirr.

Is there a quick and easy way to test the wires and relays? Many thanks.
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:35 am

Just out of interest... Does the key work OK with the corresponding lock in the sliding & tailgate doors..??

This will give a bit of a pointer removing the door card too.. http://lushprojects.com/bongopartsmk2/c ... mgno=.html

..& this.. http://lushprojects.com/bongopartsmk2/c ... mgno=.html

I lifted this from another topic..!

Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
BongoBuds

Post by BongoBuds » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:37 am

The key locks and unlocks all the other doors but only unlocks the passenger door. When the driver door is locked or unlocked it opens and closes all the other doors but nothing happens with the passenger door. Does that help with ideas?

Thanks.
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:06 pm

Yep thanks... It does clarify your symptom to me..! :)

I would suggest removing the door card first, then before peeling back the sticky membrane on the inner skin, check the lock & CL again... I'm thinking a miss aligned door card where the lock pin sticks through maybe causing a restriction of movement..??

One to try before really pulling it apart to test voltage & solenoid/locking mechanism condition....??!! :arrow:
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
BongoBuds

Post by BongoBuds » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks Jaylee, good suggestion.

I'll give it a go.

Return to “Techie Stuff”