How will I know if my overheating is terminal ?

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

maxheadroom
Supreme Being

Re: How will I know if my overheating is terminal ?

Post by maxheadroom » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:36 pm

rhenry wrote:Thanks everyone for advice it's much appreciated. You think I am ok to drive 2 miles to the garage? Filling the coolant before going. Thanks
I would wrap the pipe in self amalgamating tape first, bleed and then drive to the garage
Keep the Faith

ffrank
Bongonaut

Post by ffrank » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:45 am

you topped up coolant last week ...so you now have an air lock ...it was ok untill you done this. so it cant be anything else .well come on its got to be...did you loosen off top rad hose an let some water out? idid an i got an air lock.which resulted in coolant boiling out the filler overflow...hope it helps frank r4dka
rhenry
Bongonaut

Post by rhenry » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks again to all the folks with good advice. This site really is great and full of good folk willing to help ! Bongo is now on the mend and back to full strength. It seems I have been lucky. FOund a leaking rear heater unit hose that had drained out the coolant causing the overheating. Luckily my wife had only driven 3 miles so it hadnt got too hot and touch wood had caused no permanent damage. Fixed the hose and did the seesaw coolant bleed to get any air out. This was interesting and I now have another skill in Bongo maintenance which is good. ANyway a few lessons learned !! 1- Buy a low coolant alarm, 2-dont let the wife drive the BOngo !!! :lol: only kidding she drives it everyday and loves it more than me !! cheers again All

:D
maxheadroom
Supreme Being

Post by maxheadroom » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:32 pm

fingers crossed for you rhenry :D
Keep the Faith

Return to “Techie Stuff”