wheel nuts!

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Hoops
Apprentice Bongonaut

wheel nuts!

Post by Hoops » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:53 pm

i just tried to change a flat and couldnt get one of the wheel nuts undone, the other four were REALLY tight. i got the van to a tyre fitters where they spent a while working very hard with various tools to remove said nut. anyway. it turns out i have nuts for steel wheels holding on my alloys. does anybody know a good place to source the correct nuts?

thanks
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Re: wheel nuts!

Post by francophile1947 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Anywhere that sells alloy wheels - even Halfords if you're desperate :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
steveyd
Bongolier

Re: wheel nuts!

Post by steveyd » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:55 am

Hi,

I think you need a wheel bolt with an integrated shim so as not to damage the alloy (& causing cracks...).

When I went to replace my steels with alloys from a Mitsubishi (outlander) I got some bolts from a Toyota main dealer ( I was in a hurry and at the tyre fitters too!) - these were a direct fit and caused me no problems. The main dealer also took pity on me and threw in a set of locking nuts free (which meant I didnt clear him out of all his stock of bolts!). Chromes ones are best - I had no option but to go for the black ones -but I found they pitted quickly.

cheers,

Steve

Return to “Techie Stuff”