No go,go slow 2.0 litre

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

kazavan

No go,go slow 2.0 litre

Post by kazavan » Tue May 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Went to drive my two wheel drive Bong after not taking her out for a month or so.The Accelerator seems very difficult to use and she'll not build up speed above 3mp/h .Is it possible the Accelerator cable has corroded? would this be a commom problem in the Bongo?She is an R reg and has been undersealed.Any ideas,anyone! :?:
kawasaki kid
Tribal Elder

Re: No go,go slow 2.0 litre

Post by kawasaki kid » Tue May 29, 2012 9:24 pm

If you lift the drivers seat you should be able to see the other end of the cable - press the pedal and see if the cable moves in the engine bay - if not the cable has seized and will need freeing off or replacing or it could be the linkage is seized. It does not seem to be a common problem but no doubt someone will be along with some other pointers to look for. Where abouts are you ? it may be worth giving someone like Wheel Quick in Wigan a call for some advice as they have a lot of experience with these engines. :)
If I had all the money I ever spent on my Freda ............ I`d spend it on my Freda.
kazavan

Post by kazavan » Tue May 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Thanks,will give that a go first thing in the morning.Unfortunately i'm in Berks,along way from Wigan! Let you know what goes.
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Wed May 30, 2012 4:15 am

if your stumped, call julian at 321 away. he's yer man locally. Reading area i think.

Return to “Techie Stuff”