Rear View Mirror

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Ozric

Rear View Mirror

Post by Ozric » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:45 pm

My rear view mirror keeps falling off!!!
I got some of them there sticky mirror pads which work fine unless it gets as warm as it has been, then the damn thing falls off.
Ideas/Solutions please, it's doing my noggin in.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:50 pm

You can get a kit (made by Summit?) which consists of adhesive tube & a small piece of gauze material which is sandwiched between mirror bracket & glass. I used it a while back & had not problems since. Make sure both surfaces are thoughly cleaned (I think it may come with a spirit wipe for this).

Try Halfords or any good motorist shop.
white van man

Post by white van man » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:59 pm

i second that!! the one i used pulled a chunk of glass out of the windscreen when the kids hit it off(not on the bongo) you cant say it didnt stick!!!
owelly

Post by owelly » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:41 am

Don't be tempted to use Super Glue. Your screen will eventually crack for some reason! It was a strange occurance that I often saw when I worked at a Rover dealership. The mirrors would drop off and folks would lue them back on. Within a few weeks, the screen would start to crack down the centre!
nick & jem

Post by nick & jem » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:19 am

if you go to your nearest rac auto windscreens depot we will re-bond it back on for you, these mirrors are not stuck on with pads. :D
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:08 pm

The mirror fell off the interior on the wifes mondeo this week, I used the stuff with the gauze, it is called car plan universal mirror fix, power bond. Brilliant stuff. Happy motoring. By the way learned a new song today it goes... Englands coming home, they're coming.. Englands coming home.Happy motoring.
Ozric

Post by Ozric » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:15 am

Great tips cheers all.

Return to “Techie Stuff”