New 12v Battery Needed (V6)

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

dandemann8
Supreme Being

New 12v Battery Needed (V6)

Post by dandemann8 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:13 pm

The SB is on its way out and needs replacing :( as I think its the original :-k
Any suggestions what to go for and price I should be paying not forgetting its a V6 :?: :D
Any recommended suppliers :?:
Bongo no more........... ;-(
progroup

Re: New 12v Battery Needed (V6)

Post by progroup » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:00 am

Hey, how are ya! Thanks for the email back on Dec. 2nd. Sorry I have taken this long to respond. Busy with life I guess!

Yes, I am still a BongoNut. I have actually enjoyed running the thing now for nearly 7 months of ownership. Until very recently, I haven't needed anything. Although, you may recall my upfront costs were exceeding $3k in repair parts and shop work outside of my own working on it.

My deal now is that BongoBonnie is in surgery right now getting her FIP resealed and retrofitted. I also have the injector nozzles being rebuilt/serviced. The service shop cannot locate and NEW nozzles, but they will reshim the originals for now.

Where do we buy NEW injectors?

Cheers,
Dave
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:23 am

Well, I guess that's answered dandemann8's question................... 8)

Look at the info on the top of your original battery and pop down to your local battery factors and give them the info.
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
cheffy34
Supreme Being

Post by cheffy34 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:41 am

euro car parts 60ah lion brand £59
All disclaimers count as i know nothing
BUY A V6er i like my affair with the petrol pump
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:14 pm

progroup wrote:.......Where do we buy NEW injectors?.
>
>
Are you sitting down - with something strong in a glass?

Asuming yours is a diesel, I can only offer, not very encouraging, tangential info. The only source, for V6 Bongo petrol injectors anyway, is Mazda. The Bongo Shop on this site can get a quote for you, or if you've got a Mazda dealer nearby, with access to the Bongo Friendee parts database (not all have), get a price direct, for either petrol or diesel.

I was recently told by a local Mazda dealer here in the UK, that there were no Bongo V6 injectors available in Europe, and just one petrol injector, sourced from Japan, would cost £360 ($432 Canadian) including its two o-rings. Got one from a breaker for £40. Maybe there's a Denso diesel injector in more common use though, and you'll fare better - good luck.
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:46 pm

progroup wrote:Hey, how are ya! Thanks for the email back on Dec. 2nd. Sorry I have taken this long to respond. Busy with life I guess!

Yes, I am still a BongoNut. I have actually enjoyed running the thing now for nearly 7 months of ownership. Until very recently, I haven't needed anything. Although, you may recall my upfront costs were exceeding $3k in repair parts and shop work outside of my own working on it.

My deal now is that BongoBonnie is in surgery right now getting her FIP resealed and retrofitted. I also have the injector nozzles being rebuilt/serviced. The service shop cannot locate and NEW nozzles, but they will reshim the originals for now.

Cheers,
Dave
Hi Dave,you could try this place......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAZDA-BONGO-2 ... 3f1091f934
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:55 pm

teenmal wrote:
progroup wrote:Hey, how are ya! Thanks for the email back on Dec. 2nd. Sorry I have taken this long to respond. Busy with life I guess!

Cheers,
Dave

One up for the Bongo diesel, and hope that's what yours is.

Meanwhile, I've now got one spare, working, V6 injector. The injector was not the problem in the end -it was an electrical fault. If anybody needs one any time, PM me.
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Ron Miel wrote:
teenmal wrote:

Cheers,
Dave

One up for the Bongo diesel, and hope that's what yours is.

Meanwhile, I've now got one spare, working, V6 injector. The injector was not the problem in the end -it was an electrical fault. If anybody needs one any time, PM me.
Dave's is a diesel... :idea:
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Any Bosch Diesel agent will overhaul the old ones back to as good as new.
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:21 pm

In answer to the original question, I bought a Bosch battery for my V6 but went for the same model as used in a diesel. That way you get a bit of extra cranking power in case you ever need it. Don't have model number to hand, but ordered it via Euro Car Parts for £75 inc free delivery when they were doing a 25% discount last bank holiday.
dandemann8
Supreme Being

Post by dandemann8 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:10 pm

Simon Jones wrote:In answer to the original question, I bought a Bosch battery for my V6 but went for the same model as used in a diesel. That way you get a bit of extra cranking power in case you ever need it. Don't have model number to hand, but ordered it via Euro Car Parts for £75 inc free delivery when they were doing a 25% discount last bank holiday.
Hi Simon, a model number would be good :wink: :D
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:14 am

Fortunately had the invoice to hand: Bosch S4 335 with 4 year warranty. When I put my reg into Euro Car Parts website, it was unable to suggest a suitable battery for the V6, but this is the one that was recommended on here back in August for the diesel version. See this link http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... rocarparts

One thing to watch with batteries in general is that most models are available with the positive and negative terminals either way round, but the Bongo needs the style with the positive terminal at the top left position when viewed from above.

Here's the link http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/444773357/p/home

I think they have a 15% discount offer on currently too when you enter 'BATTERY15' in the promo code box.
dandemann8
Supreme Being

Post by dandemann8 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:39 am

Found this.............

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300631379526? ... 1423.l2649

Everywhere else this product appears to be £80+

So is it the right one and is it a good buy :?:
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi
OOOoohhh...you 'orrible lot :lol: :lol: :lol: ...I've just paid 140 of your EEengleesh Quids for an Exide 100 amp 720 CCA battery...ONLY JUST squeezed in, but BOY, is it dynamite...some things are dead pricey here :shock: :shock: :shock:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
dandemann8
Supreme Being

Post by dandemann8 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:27 pm

helen&tony wrote:Hi
OOOoohhh...you 'orrible lot :lol: :lol: :lol: ...I've just paid 140 of your EEengleesh Quids for an Exide 100 amp 720 CCA battery...ONLY JUST squeezed in, but BOY, is it dynamite...some things are dead pricey here :shock: :shock: :shock:
Cheers
Helen

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well is the above battery a good buy then :?:

Return to “Techie Stuff”