Stainless Exhaust

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

BongoTerry
Bongonaut

Stainless Exhaust

Post by BongoTerry » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:17 am

My MOT guy advised me that there are a few holes in my exhaust system, including the one at the end. I knew it anyway as I've Gun Gummed a few so was surprised he let me get away with it, mind you he's a friend a knows I'll get on with it. So the other day after talking to other members I looked up MIJ on Ebay and found a full stainless system for £249 + £15 postage and a 5 to 7 day delivery time. I did look on their site direct but on Ebay there's a picture showing you exactly what you get. I placed the order a about 13:00 and it arrived at 09:15 the next day, now that's what I call efficient. It was also very well wrapped in a lot of bubble wrap. My system has the exhaust butterfly cold start valve fitted and this system doesn't have the flanges to fit it and come in just two sections. I've never had to use that cold start device and too be honest if it's ever cold enough for me to need it I'll be staying here by the coal fire thank you very much. Anyway, removing it is simple and gets a bit more weight off. I'll be fitting it in the next week or so and will write again to say if there was any issues.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAZDA-BONGO-F ... 4090566790
BongoTerry
Bongonaut

Re: Stainless Exhaust

Post by BongoTerry » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:04 am

Well I've fitted the exhaust system and it was a breeze. Just hook the front section onto the rubber hangers and the 3 bolt manifold flange just slid onto the studs perfectly, this is particularly helpful for me as people who know me will realise that I've lost the use of my dominant right arm. The same with the rear section, it doesn't come with any gaskets so I smeared this flange with a bit of Gun Gum having reused the original gasket on the front flange. The 2 bolt flange is a real meaty affair and probably wouldn't leak if you just pulled it up tight but there's no point in being silly. I thought that maybe it would be a bit noisier as it's only got one box but it sounds normal to me, easy job, good quality materials and I'd recommend the MIJ unit to anyone.
maxmataz
Bongolier

Post by maxmataz » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Thanks for Posting, glad to hear it was a Breeze =D> =D> =D>
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi
Glad you like that one...it's one i've added to Tony's "to do " list ( don't tell him :lol: :lol: )...he just adores working on vehicles :^o :^o :^o :^o
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.

Return to “Techie Stuff”