small vac pipes

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

stevedon
Bongonaut

small vac pipes

Post by stevedon » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:56 am

Hi all im not sure where my little vac pies are supposed to come from and go on the drivers side,
I havea a vac pipe above the inj pump,and a solenoid switch with two pipes and on the pump there is a diaphram unit with two pipe conections.my question is what connects where and i have three points of connection ,and only two pipes.
your assistance is most appreciated
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Re: small vac pipes

Post by missfixit70 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:19 am

This should helpif it's an earlier diesel - http://lushprojects.com/bongopartsmk2/c ... 1of02.html
What age/engine is your vehicle?
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
stevedon
Bongonaut

Post by stevedon » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:48 pm

its a 95 2.5td wlt
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:37 am

Then the above lushprojects diagram should be applicable. there should be 2 fast idle solenoids (Y & Z) at the front above the fuel pump (one is a slightly faster idle which operates up to 20 degrees C, the second operates up to 60 degrees C or when the ac is used) with the 2 vacuum lines (1362) going down to the fuel pump diaphragm.
There should also be two at the rear for the egr. It is possible to use the egr ones to replace the fast idle ones if they're broken if the egr has been blanked & they are not used, just make sure the vacuum pipework is a sealed system by blanking any open ends, or they won't work as the vacuum will be lost.
If you only have one solenoid, then someone has already been fiddling by the sounds of it, it is a common fault for them to fail, a lot of people don't even realize they aren't working, I've seen a few that have just had the idle speed increased to compensate, making cold idling easier, but using more fuel at idle once warmed up & running.
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.

Return to “Techie Stuff”