sliding door electric closing (or not)

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

bongo frenzee
Bongolier

sliding door electric closing (or not)

Post by bongo frenzee » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:08 pm

Over the last couple of months I've noticed that the electric closing on the sliding door isn't always working, or takes 10-15 seconds to activate. It clicks and whirs a bit (like it's "thinking" about it) before working, or just doesn't work at all. Then mysteriously it will be fine for a week or so before playing up again.

We had the sliding door stick shut and had to employ the well-placed thump technique to open it from the inside a couple of times recently, could this be related?

Any ideas?
Living for the weekends...

CUIDADO! VEICULO BONGO!
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Re: sliding door electric closing (or not)

Post by daveblueozzie » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:28 pm

Give the contacts on the door and the door frame a bit of a clean with emery paper, wont do any harm and might just solve your problem.
Lost without my Bongo.
Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Post by Bogmonster40 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:25 pm

on this point is there a switch to open this door automatically, or am i right in thinking not all V6 2.5 petrols are automatic rear door openers ?
V6 2.5i Tintop Aero Petrol/LPG
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:53 am

Bogmonster40 wrote:on this point is there a switch to open this door automatically, or am i right in thinking not all V6 2.5 petrols are automatic rear door openers ?
All (Regarding of model.) Bongo or Freda sliding doors are just that.. A sliding door!
All have central locking...

However, some have what is called soft closure... Instead of slamming the door shut, simply roll it closed, then in contact with the pins on the strike plate on the door pillar it will gently pull itself shut... :D

http://lushprojects.com/bongopartsmk2/c ... mgno=.html

If you got 5 pins (3 of which are raised & sprung for the soft closure mechanism.) instead of just the 2 for the central locking on the sliding door jam? Then thats what you got! :wink:
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Post by Bogmonster40 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:54 pm

Mine does have the soft closure pins, but i would love to have an automatic opening door !!
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:55 pm

Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHEj2z19cUI

They are a nice thing i must admit, but i can't help but think they would create expensive problems given time... (the doors, not the pizza) :lol:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Post by Bogmonster40 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:49 pm

WOW - is that for real ?? no wonder the americans have such obesity problems !!

As for the door - i guess u are right, but i am fed up of getting to my front door of my home to find both my girls right behind me - and yes you guessed it, the back door of my bongo wide open and both girls saying they are desperate for the loo and neither of them was last out of the car !!! :roll: :roll:
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Bogmonster40 wrote:WOW - is that for real ?? no wonder the americans have such obesity problems !!

As for the door - i guess u are right, but i am fed up of getting to my front door of my home to find both my girls right behind me - and yes you guessed it, the back door of my bongo wide open and both girls saying they are desperate for the loo and neither of them was last out of the car !!! :roll: :roll:
The pizza is for real, me and bigdaddy waited about an hour for it to be hand made, 28 inches of pleasure between 5 of us (it didnt last long) the sliding door on the car was brilliant, we could open them from the tenth flooor of the hotel, it was funny watching people pass by as we opened and shut the doors.
Lost without my Bongo.
Badger inkslinger
Bongonaut

Post by Badger inkslinger » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:41 am

bigdaddycain wrote:Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHEj2z19cUI

They are a nice thing i must admit, but i can't help but think they would create expensive problems given time... (the doors, not the pizza) :lol:
BDC what do you type in on youtube to find these things!?
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:39 pm

:lol: I uploaded it Jode! It's one of my holiday vids! :lol: And no i didn't eat all of that pizza! :P
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014

Return to “Techie Stuff”