Drop Links

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Kentish Paul
Bongolier

Drop Links

Post by Kentish Paul » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:59 am

Dear Bongonauts,

I speak as an owner that can just about fathom out how to put diesel in my van. All I need to do now is work out hpw to pay for it.

Last year I started to hear a thud when negotiating a traffic hump. It is worse when I have passengers and/or lugage. Thanks to advice on this forum, I am going to have the rear drop links changed. I have my van serviced by a Mazda dealer (yes!) and it passed the MOT but for the first time, uneven tyre wear has been diagnosed.

Does anyone know a garage in the South East that could change the drop links? AVA sell them for a reasonable price.

Many thanks.
Bongo National Party - The law-abiding should have rights too!
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: Drop Links

Post by Muzorewa » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:06 am

Get them to change the anti roll bar bushes while they're at it. :wink:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:27 pm

Muzorewa wrote:Get them to change the anti roll bar bushes while they're at it. :wink:
AND the steel u-clamps that hold the bushes in place, as they fail from fatigue, often after new bushes have been fitted. Not expensive at all.
Pablobongo
Bongolier

Post by Pablobongo » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Kentish Paul wrote:Dear Bongonauts,

I speak as an owner that can just about fathom out how to put diesel in my van. All I need to do now is work out hpw to pay for it.

Last year I started to hear a thud when negotiating a traffic hump. It is worse when I have passengers and/or lugage. Thanks to advice on this forum, I am going to have the rear drop links changed. I have my van serviced by a Mazda dealer (yes!) and it passed the MOT but for the first time, uneven tyre wear has been diagnosed.

Does anyone know a garage in the South East that could change the drop links? AVA sell them for a reasonable price.

Many thanks.
Dont know where abouts in Kent you are Paul, but I have a bongo friendly mechanic local to me in Folkestone, although, to be fair, any garage will do your front and rear drop links/anti-roll bar bushes and brackets. PM me if you need the address or phone number
Paul 2002 V6Image

Return to “Techie Stuff”