Replacement Oil Pipe

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

arbers666

Replacement Oil Pipe

Post by arbers666 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Howdy,

I've got a leak under the old bongo and was wondering where to get bits to replace the affected pipe. Its one of the double metal pipes (each about 8mm diameter) that joins into a rubber pipe under the engine - i think its the oil pipe for the transmission see http://www.lushprojects.com/bongopartsm ... o=.html#34 under PIPE,OIL-OILPUMP (19-9A0).

Any ideas about where to get a new one?

Cheers Paul
sparkymik
Bongolier

Re: Replacement Oil Pipe

Post by sparkymik » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:39 pm

I think you will need a scrapped Bongo to slavage from there matey or maybe it can be remade from copper, is it one of a pair that go into the rad? I'm not sure how hot it gets I've never had cause to check it, can you patch it with an adjustable clip and some gasket material? maybe

Sparky
The Bongo has gone. Long live The Bongo

Hymer Camp Swing 544/Fiat Ducato 2.3jtd
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: Replacement Oil Pipe

Post by Northern Bongolow » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:50 am

at each end of the pipe is a rubber section,remove one of these and size it up internally,go to scrap yard and get a piece of the same, dont use water pipe,make sure its powersteering pipe or similar then cut your leaking metal part out and patch with the new piece of rubber.
MAKE SURE IF YOU DO THIS THAT YOU USE THE CORRECT CLIPS,they are similar to the constant pressure clips on the coolant system but are stronger/thicker.
keep a close eye on your gearbox fluid level too.

Return to “Techie Stuff”