Beeping!!!

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Duxass

Re: Beeping!!!

Post by Duxass » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:09 pm

bongo frenzee wrote:Grr, defeated by the beeps! :evil: Had a go at silencing mine, found the connector but can't get it apart! Took three screws out of the cowl but it wouldn't move much and I just can't get my fingers or even a pair of pliers in far enough to get a good grip. Am I missing something?

I found a small button type thing on top of the connector and when pressed it came apart quite easily.
Hope this helps.
bongo frenzee
Bongolier

Post by bongo frenzee » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:45 am

Duxass wrote: I found a small button type thing on top of the connector and when pressed it came apart quite easily.
Hope this helps.
I found that too, but it's tight up against another connector above it, and I can't get anything onto the button/catch to press it down. Think I'll have to wait till my bro-in-law does all the other electrical pimping for me!
Living for the weekends...

CUIDADO! VEICULO BONGO!
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:31 am

Small thin flat blade fine craft screwdriver pushed between the two connectors from the left, lever the clip down with that, & pull the plug...
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
Alacrity
Tribal Elder

Post by Alacrity » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:23 pm

aitch wrote:Why would you want to - it's a great safety feature.
How is it a safety feature? Its just seriously annoying. :twisted: You want to try working on one where you are in & out of it all the time, you are either loosing the key every 5 mins or getting ratty with all around you due that bloody noise!

Oh & it wakes my neighbours up in the summer if leaving early - strangely they don't get woken by the engine starting but that beeping gets them every time if I forget to pull the key.

As soon as I get a chance I am pulling the plug!
35+ years working with autogearboxes - all day every day......for my sins
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:30 pm

I rigged an isolation switch to mine... It is a pain on a camp site. But the daylight driving light thing in some parts of Europe is handy...? I also put a red led in the cowl where the key is, as a lights on warning in silent mode & to help find the key hole in the dark... It still beeps on reverse! :wink:
Duxass

Post by Duxass » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:05 pm

jaylee wrote:I rigged an isolation switch to mine... It is a pain on a camp site. But the daylight driving light thing in some parts of Europe is handy...? I also put a red led in the cowl where the key is, as a lights on warning in silent mode & to help find the key hole in the dark... It still beeps on reverse! :wink:

Just to clear a point, the disconnection of the white connector mentioned previously only silences the "Key in ignition" beep, all other warnings still exist (reverse, lights,etc) so cant see any problems personally.
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Duxass wrote:
jaylee wrote:I rigged an isolation switch to mine... It is a pain on a camp site. But the daylight driving light thing in some parts of Europe is handy...? I also put a red led in the cowl where the key is, as a lights on warning in silent mode & to help find the key hole in the dark... It still beeps on reverse! :wink:

Just to clear a point, the disconnection of the white connector mentioned previously only silences the "Key in ignition" beep, all other warnings still exist (reverse, lights,etc) so cant see any problems personally.
Not on mine... For some reason the coil light flashed too.. Until i re-plugged it...
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:24 pm

I just cut the cables to the beeper, no more beeps & I don't feel unprotected in any way :wink:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Duxass

Post by Duxass » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:52 pm

jaylee wrote:
Duxass wrote:

Not on mine... For some reason the coil light flashed too.. Until i re-plugged it...
Oooops! Did you pull the correct connector? Its the one with just 2 wires running from the ignition switch through the connector then on into the loom. If that's the one you pulled then I'm at a loss to suggest anything else. Sorry!
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:20 am

jaylee wrote:
Oooops! Did you pull the correct connector? Its the one with just 2 wires running from the ignition switch through the connector then on into the loom. If that's the one you pulled then I'm at a loss to suggest anything else. Sorry!
Just one wire - the white one on my 96 Bongo :?
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:42 am

To Duxass, the one & same in this picture... :D

Theres a door trigger wire comes out of the beep box.. (Cant think of the colour now.) It tells the beeper to sound if the lights are on or the keys in place, i cut that wire & put a latching switch in line as an isolator for "camping mode"... In the hustle of pitching up on a site i like to know where my keys are.. The ignition for me is the best place! :wink:
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Sorry, my mistake - 1 white conector with 2 wires :oops:
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
Duxass

Post by Duxass » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:38 pm

dandywarhol wrote:Sorry, my mistake - 1 white conector with 2 wires :oops:
No probs but you did have me re-checking what I had said.
Now back to pulling the plug on the wife :!: :!: :!:

Return to “Techie Stuff”