Windscreen washers not working

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Nevets
Bongolier

Re: Windscreen washers not working

Post by Nevets » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Asda Bongo wrote:Are you sure that they are on different fuses. I makes sense to have the washer pump and the wiper on the same fuse. I am sure I read somewhere that that is the case. If it isn't can some one tell me which fuses before I take the bongo to bits again. I am just about to send off for a pump that will fit the front, but cannot find one for the back washer. I was thinking of buying 2 front ones and cobbling together a connection for the rear one. Also does the MOT require both front and rear pumps to be working?

Thanks for your help.

Just been out to check the fuses, its the 2nd row down number 7 across(from the left) and it does protect both the wiper & wash circuits

hopefully a new pump will sort [-o<

Also the rear wash n wipe is not an MOT fail :wink: but the front IS a fail ....

cheers Steve.
I am the only bongo in the village.......(not anymore there's two of us now "Damn it)
Nevets
Bongolier

Post by Nevets » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Asda Bongo wrote:Are you sure that they are on different fuses. I makes sense to have the washer pump and the wiper on the same fuse. I am sure I read somewhere that that is the case. If it isn't can some one tell me which fuses before I take the bongo to bits again. I am just about to send off for a pump that will fit the front, but cannot find one for the back washer. I was thinking of buying 2 front ones and cobbling together a connection for the rear one. Also does the MOT require both front and rear pumps to be working?

Thanks for your help.

Just been out to check the fuses, its the 2nd row down number 7 across(from the left) and it does protect both the wiper & wash circuits

hopefully a new pump will sort [-o<

Also the rear wash n wipe is not an MOT fail :wink: but the front IS a fail ....

cheers Steve.
I am the only bongo in the village.......(not anymore there's two of us now "Damn it)
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:10 pm

The front washers and pump are on this fuse (Hover mouse over fuse);

the rear ones are;
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:38 pm

I can also confirm that the front and rear pumps are different, but look interchangeable with a mod. I took delivery of 1 of each today.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Asda Bongo
Bongonaut

Post by Asda Bongo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:43 pm

The front washer pump
Front Windscreen Washer Pump Ford Fairlane 76-03
fits and works a treat.
What pump will fit the rear washer bit. I am sure this front one could be manipulated to fit, but to save the hassle of rewiring etc is there one that will fit to replace the rear pump. At least I will get through the MOT and I should be able to replace the rear pump without having to take everything to bits again.

Return to “Techie Stuff”