No Go Bongo.

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

dandemann8
Supreme Being

Re: No Go Bongo.

Post by dandemann8 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:01 pm

W'hooo Munkey's on the move =D> =D> =D> :D. Have a great weekend and relax 8)
Bongo no more........... ;-(
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:55 am

mister munkey wrote:I am indeed
The Luckiest Man Alive

Picked it up half an hour ago, drove three miles home & all seems well. Didn't need the head off, cost £120 to get sorted, RESULT!!!!!

No time to post much right now as I'm packing up for a tiny test drive to Angelsey & late already.

:D
Great news - every Bongo cloud has a silver lining :D Hope the test drive goes OK [-o< 8)
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:12 pm

Nice outcome Chris....
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:46 am

Hi
I have to add to that...I really am pleased for you...A nice cheap fix....and a smile from the Munkey Mascot...he'll be as chuffed as a chimp with 2 tails 8) 8)
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:58 am

helen&tony wrote: a chimp with 2 tails 8) 8)
Cheers
Helen
Funny chimps in Bulgaria - Africa's don't even have one tail :shock: :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Glad you got the bongo sorted and made it to Anglesey :D Hope you got back ok too
Debs
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Cheers gang. More often than not I find you guys to be a lot better than the Samaritans!

Dunno the techie talk but it was explained to me what went wrong, this is how I interpreted it . . .

There are 5 caps that hold the camshaft in place, each has a bearing inside - I think. On the front one, the bearing had failed leaving the camshaft to spin rather too freely & eventualy snap.

Chief Engineer timed it up & put it back together using parts from Maxs' old head, firing it up without the rocker cover to make sure oil was getting up where it should & noted that the oil feed to No 1 clynder takes 5 or 6 seconds longer to spurt out than the others - although once flowing the feed seems strong.

Advised to have a 15/20 second tickover at start up in the morning before wringing its neck up the road to give the oil a chance to circulate.
Last edited by mister munkey on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:08 pm

mister munkey wrote:Cheers gang. More often than not I find you guys to be a lot better than the Samaritans!

Dunno the techie talk but it was explained to me what went wrong, this is how I interpreted it . . .

There are 5 caps that hold the camshaft in place, each has a bearing inside - I think. On the front one, the bearing had failed leaving the camshaft to spin rather too freely & eventualy snap.

Chief Engineer timed it up & put it back together using parts from Maxs' old head, firing it up without the rocker cover to make sure oil was getting up where it should & noted that the oil feed to No 1 clynder takes 5 or 6 seconds longer to spurt out than the others - although once flowing the feed seems strong.

Advised to have a 15/20 second tickover at start up in the morning before ringing its neck up the road to give the oil a chance to circulate.
Great news MM - glad its sorted =D>
Yorkshire Puddings

Post by Yorkshire Puddings » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:52 pm

Was good to see you could all make it on Friday also with Bongo .xx
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:55 am

hi John
No..course they haven't :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...as regards the Bulgarian Chimpanzees, they are all in Parliament...same as most other countries :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:53 pm

Bumping this in memory of the magnificent Max Headroom and yet another fine example of how you guys go to extreme lengths to help each other out.

It's sad to see you leave us Nic, you'll be deeply missed.

=D>
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:29 pm

A fine Bongonaught.

Return to “Techie Stuff”