Bongo Wiring Manuals

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

g8dhe
Supreme Being

Bongo Wiring Manuals

Post by g8dhe » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:29 am

OK the Bongo Wiring Manuals are now available on-line.

The Club has two manuals at present;
November 1997 thru to January 1999, this manual is now available see the link below,
May 1995 thru to October 1997, this manual is now available see the link below.

Post January 1999, Ian believes he can locate a copy on CD if so then we will add this to the collection.

The link to the web site is here, click to enter:
It can also be found in the Database section on the club site.
If you hover the Mouse over the Covers it will show you what VIN's are covered and clicking the Cover will take you into the required Manual.

It is well worth reading the Image Help screen on how to navigate around the images and pages.

Many thanks to those who have contributed ideas, info, time and have been helping with the testing;
Ian - Bongo Master
momogiraf - Translation
Ron Miel - VIN checks
dandywarhol - Testing
dave_aber - Testing
Last edited by g8dhe on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Colin H F
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo Wiring Manuals

Post by Colin H F » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:03 am

I have just opened the manuals page and notice my vin number is`nt listed the closest is SGLW-200001 TO 3000081 mine is SGLW-300466
prior owner of >>>>1999 2.5 diesel ex tin top &FORD FREDA 2000 2.0 LTR PETROL
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:10 am

Did you not read the bit about post jan 99 models Colin :wink:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Colin H F
Supreme Being

Post by Colin H F » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:19 am

Have now, just read 1997-11, dooooh
prior owner of >>>>1999 2.5 diesel ex tin top &FORD FREDA 2000 2.0 LTR PETROL
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:16 pm

As an update the 1995 manual is progressing well.
There have been a couple of outages on the server in the last week or so as short brownouts / small cuts have been occurring on the supply, normally back within 10 minutes however.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
miker

Post by miker » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Looking good chaps, thanks for the efforts!
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:21 am

Update time;
The 1995 manual has all the linking now completed, Fuses are also linked and have a "Mouse Over" photo image of the fuse location, the Earth points and fuses are also linked to the location page.

The Index's for both Manuals are now being worked on an I will also add the Fuses and Earth points to the 1997 manual as time permits.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:37 pm

OK further update the Index pages for each manual are now available also the Content pages has been updated.
The Index's should have links to all the individual items in each manual, there are close on 300 links in each manual, if you spot any errors then please PM me on the forum!

I will be updating the 1997 manual with Fuse and Earth point links shortly, longer term I will try to gather photo's of all devices, so that when you hover the mouse over an item an image will appear as well as allowing clicking to the location item on the following page.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:01 am

OK both manuals diagram pages now have all Earth points linked to show you where they are, and all Fuses now pop up a picture as well as being linked to the Fuse page.

I've also added a Colour Codes Pop-up window like the Help page, so that you can see the colours whilst looking at the diagrams !

Any errors that people spot or any thoughts or ideas please PM on the Forum with them.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
Alacrity
Tribal Elder

Post by Alacrity » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:50 pm

I can't seem to access the wiring diagrams despite being logged into the members area? I just get, after a long wait, a message saying the page doesn't exist or has been moved, thus:

"The webpage at http://www.g8dhe.net/bwm/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."

I have a Bongo in at work with, what I suspect, wiring issues. There is wiring hanging out everywhere & the transmission is behaving strangely but appears OK in itself. No problem, I think, there are wiring diagrams on the website. But I can't seem to get them up. What am I doing wrong?
35+ years working with autogearboxes - all day every day......for my sins
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Best bet is to pm Geoff (g8dhe), looks like it's having issues atm.
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:32 am

Hi
Aha!...I'm also having access issues
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:38 pm

Yup sorry about that folks. Its all back and working.

We had a really dirty power cut in Worthing last Saturday at 18:05 or so (when we still away touring after the Bash), the power supplies on three machines here decided they weren't going to come back on again after the third cut in 10 minutes, hence the server shutdown cleanly, but my own workstation decided to hang and as I use that machine to remote reset the other machines I couldn't re-boot anything whilst away. Anyway, its all back and working fine now, but if you spot any problems do drop me a PM as it will be a few hours before the RAID systems have verified all there data and I could do with a nice long relaxing bath after two weeks on the road :lol:
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:00 am

OK an update on the Bongo Wiring Manuals;
1995-1997 Manual - Pages 17, 18, 19 & 20

and
1997-1999 Manual - Pages 16 & 17

the "Electrical Systems Common items" which shows just about all the fuses on one page are now hot-linked to the fuses and the relevant sections,
these pages are meant as an overview to all the other sections which contain the same info. but keep it all in one place as it were.
This helps in identifying what circuits are affected by which fuses,
but is by no means a complete answer, I have several ideas in mind for improving on this but need to do some experimenting first.

No further news on the 1999 - 2000+ manual, it seems that a Russian setup my have acquired all the access rights to Japanese RHD car info.
and plan on charging for the access rights (£120 for Jap. vehicles for one year).

Please see the first post in this thread for links and descriptions of the Bongo Wiring Manuals in general.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:57 pm

A recent update to Flash to version 10.2 r152 caused some of the Hotspot Icons to disappear when using Firefox this has now been corrected and all Icons and Hotspots are working correctly ! It didn't seem to affect IE/Chrome/Safari that I can tell - if you know differently then please let me know!

If you haven't had a recent Flash update then I would suggest that in Firefox you click Tools | Addons, select the Plugins tab (rather than Extensions) and click the "Find updates" button at the bottom, wait for the web page that will appear to carry out the checks and then update any Orange or Red plugins or you can click this link https://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/ which takes you to the same place.

Occasionally a single hotspot might disappear, but I have found that on forcing a refresh they always seem to re-appear again so if any Fuses, Earthing points or Links seem to be missing just hit the Refresh (F5) button and they should appear - again if not let me know please !
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Techie Stuff”