Fold up rear seat ,?

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

smilymily

Fold up rear seat ,?

Post by smilymily » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:39 pm

Weve just given birth to our 3rd child , Hettie , The little movers conversion that was in the back of our Bongo is now in the garage , we have a full length rail in the back of our Bongo , What i want to end up with is one of the fold down seats in the back as we only need one extra seat , any ideas as to where i can get this done would be appreciated , we are in suffolk and before you sugest little movers ive allready asked them and they're 'to busy' but will sell me a bench seat to get me by and a fold up seat untill i can get a bracket fitted for the fold down , Help , the wifes on my case and i really dont have time to sort it myself .....
Alex . Bingobongobango.
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Re: Fold up rear seat ,?

Post by westonwarrior » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:50 pm

fitting the fold up seats to a bongo that was made with a bench seat will be dificult as it won't have the mounts
madmile
Supreme Being

Post by madmile » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:03 pm

Its a difficult conversion to do - I know AVA leisure have done it for some people (not cheap though).
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:06 pm

westonwarrior wrote:fitting the fold up seats to a bongo that was made with a bench seat will be dificult as it won't have the mounts
I wanted to do the same as I was given a fold up seat, but as said long rail Bongos don't have the mounting points fitted behind the trim panels

I asked the question and got the answer halfway down the second page of this thread.

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... a&start=15
Kentish Paul
Bongolier

Post by Kentish Paul » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:37 am

AVA did it for me. An excellent job with the seat mounted on the wheel arch swappable with a kitchen unit but not cheap. If there is any interest I will fish out the paperwork and advise of cost or phone Vaughan at AVA direct.
Bongo National Party - The law-abiding should have rights too!

Return to “Techie Stuff”