Spare Wheel

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

mcgivern2326

Spare Wheel

Post by mcgivern2326 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:54 pm

Howdy all you bongoers

can any of you wise people shed any light on how the hell i get the spare wheel out from under my freeda? been playing with it all day and getting to the stage where brute force and a large hammer will need to prevail but want to check im not being a prize numpty and missing something simple first

can anyone help!
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:01 pm

Hi
There are several posts on this but, basically, you use the long bar in your tool box (in the step of the sliding door) and put it through the hole at the bottom of the rear door opening (with the rear door open) until it engages with the winding mechanism - it's easier than it sounds.
If you think you haven't got a long rod, check the "roof" of the toolbox, because it clips in place there - you will also need the ratchet handle to turn the rod.
Good luck :D
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Kentish Paul
Bongolier

Post by Kentish Paul » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:15 am

I would advise all Bongoers to try this. You may need to know how to do this on the side of a dark, wet and dangerous motorway one day. Even if you call the breakdown team they will appreciate guidance and it will get you on your way much quicker.
Bongo National Party - The law-abiding should have rights too!

Return to “Techie Stuff”