Walcups Lane, Great Massingham, Kings Lynn, NORFOLK, PE32 2HR
I can certainly recommend Steve for his recent tricky work on my 2.5 V6.
After a faultless 2 years since import, it was suddenly Idling poorly. I was desperate: efforts by myself and a local servicer with consumables (filters, plugs, service, HT leads, dizzy, rotor arm, battery) had been to no avail with the Idling, then the Radiator blew Cue Steve ...
- I rang out of the blue (one Friday). After his dinner, he rang back for a 15min chat.
- I emailed him full details and recent history. Despite being busy, he quoted for recovery and Radiator
- (+1 week) Steve recovered my Bongo one evening
- (+1 week) Radiator replaced, Valve Timing Issues suspected, in long chat advises could be major eg Head.
- (+1 week) Timing investigated, Cambelt cover removed, nest found, belt 2 teeth out, tensioner weak. Despite weekly usage, a bird had nested inside my ill-fitted Cambelt cover, causing belt to jump upsetting the timing (so poor Idling, misfire) and possibly Temperature (blown Radiator, boiled).
- (+5 weeks due to my suppliers) Cambelt, Cover and Tensioner (2nd one, from USA) fitted, road test good, MOT passed.
("Mention in despatches" MO'S of FENSTANTON. Recovered to them after Radiator blew, they suspected head problems but were unable to source a Rad other than from Mazda. When they also told me they had not done major/diagnostic work on Bongos, we agreed they should stop. VERY fairly they did not charge.)