Local mechanic /garage Suffolk

Moderator: francophile1947

petere
Apprentice Bongonaut

Local mechanic /garage Suffolk

Post by petere » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi I have owned my bongo 2001 2ltr petrol now for approx 18 months ,its not had a lot of use just odd week ends away and a trip to the New Forest and North Wales. All is running well , am now looking to get it serviced and ready for. It's next outing. Any suggestions,experiences, recommendations ,please for a relatively local mechanic or garage to do this I live in the Stowmarket area of Suffolk please advise
Many Thanks petere
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Local mechanic /garage Suffolk

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:06 am

By all accounts the 2.0 litre doesn't have the special requirements for bleeding the coolant system that the diesel and v6 do. Apart from that there's nothing incredibly difficult or special about a Bongo I reckon so you could consider general recommendations on a local 'old school' garage/mechanics and maybe start them off with a basic service and check over (oil, filters, spark plugs, brakes etc and coolant change if it is due for one). There's a recommended garages list in the members area also which you could check out.
petere
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by petere » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Excellent, many thanks for the reply Mikeonb4c Il certainly check the list out in tyhe members area and probably look for an old school set up
Much obliged for your advice
Regards petere
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:58 pm

No problem. Hopefully a Suffolk based owner will chip in with a recommendation
MrGrahamWhite
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by MrGrahamWhite » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:45 pm

Hello Petere

Did you ever find a garage near Stow to help
work on your Bongo? I’m having a bit of trouble with getting a local garage to work on mine… it only needs a fog lamp and replace an oil leak to transmission pipe but - they don’t like the sound of it - ‘it’s foreign, it’s an import, and it’s probably been modified, and the parts supplier can’t advise..’ so it’s failed it’s MOT and I’m wondering where to drive it to get a Bongo-friendly fix. Do let me know if you found anyone? Thanks.

Sarah.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:21 pm

:) Hi Sarah

This is a very old post, so I doubt you’ll get a reply from the original writer, but there is a list of Bongo friendly garages in the Members' Area.

Possibly someone local to the area might have a suggestion, too. 8)

And welcome aboard.

Return to “Eastern Counties”