From The 'Diff

Grannie Annie
Bongonaut

From The 'Diff

Post by Grannie Annie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Siwmae!

If you see a strange white/silver Bongo in Canton it might be me!

I'm really lucky that my son-in-law is a mechanic with his own place up in Tonypandy. He's going to be Chief Bongo Mechanic for me so if anyone has any tips for him about what to look out for please let me know and I can ask him to investigate and remedy any fault
He's going to give it the once over and change the timing belt and check coolant and some other things, anything else? work in

We drove it back from Devon last weekend and apart from taking it to work in Pontypridd/Llantrisant to show it off I haven't been anywhere yet. Hopefully I'll be driving it up to Scotland the last weekend of September.

No doubt we'll catch up with you all soon.

Annie
hembramacho
Supreme Being

Re: From The 'Diff

Post by hembramacho » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Siwmae a croeso!

A warm welcome from the Wales/Cymru part of the forum.

Cheers

Andrew
ImageGwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.Image
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Grannie Annie wrote:Siwmae!

If you see a strange white/silver Bongo in Canton it might be me!

I'm really lucky that my son-in-law is a mechanic with his own place up in Tonypandy. He's going to be Chief Bongo Mechanic for me so if anyone has any tips for him about what to look out for please let me know and I can ask him to investigate and remedy any fault
He's going to give it the once over and change the timing belt and check coolant and some other things, anything else? work in

We drove it back from Devon last weekend and apart from taking it to work in Pontypridd/Llantrisant to show it off I haven't been anywhere yet. Hopefully I'll be driving it up to Scotland the last weekend of September.

No doubt we'll catch up with you all soon.

Annie
Hello and welcome,if your son in law decided the Bongo needs its coolant changing,ensure he is aware of the way to bleed the system,its not like an ordinary vehicle.Mega problems and expense if its not done correctly

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Grannie Annie
Bongonaut

Post by Grannie Annie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:03 pm

I'll make sure he knows about that, he has worked on one of his mate's Bongos in the past so I guess he'll have some kind of idea. He loves working on old classic vehicles and is what I would call an 'old fashioned' mechanic which in my mind means that it's the kind of thing he'll have figured out rather than have been NVQd, if you know what I mean.

By the way - is it Bongos or Bongoes?

Annie
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Well hello grannie, love the Frank Vicary name,lol, there are vids on youtube re bleeding the bongo etc, hope he does well, I am in Aberdare so not far away either.
RobEvans
Bongolier

Post by RobEvans » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Pass through canton all the time will be on the lookout, from Barry so not that far away
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Considering I was the first in Wales to own a bongo,yay,lol I am amazed at just how many there in Swansea, absolutely loads of em there.
Grannie Annie
Bongonaut

Post by Grannie Annie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:42 am

I spend a lot of my working hours in Aberdare. I'll keep a look out for you, Dave.

Mr Mullet, I live midway between the sex shop and the offie, not fat from Home Bargains and the take-away. I don't even need to drive the Bongo to fulfil my everyday needs.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:22 am

Grannie Annie wrote:I spend a lot of my working hours in Aberdare. I'll keep a look out for you, Dave.

Mr Mullet, I live midway between the sex shop and the offie, not fat from Home Bargains and the take-away. I don't even need to drive the Bongo to fulfil my everyday needs.
Love it ha ha. Mind you, I've often thought I should have owned the Bongo when I was 17 as it would have been an even more useful car along the lines of the shops near you :-)
Grannie Annie
Bongonaut

Post by Grannie Annie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:06 pm

I used to have a VW campervan in my misspent youth. It was about the time of the theory of people driving around in a vehicle that was merely a penile extension. I used to wonder what it said about me that I drove around with a double bed in the back !!

Return to “Wales/Cymru”