waxoyl

gabby

waxoyl

Post by gabby » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:10 pm

can anyone give me the name of a garage that will waxoyl my van ? im in cardiff and so far no garage will do it :-(,
cheers Gabby
pamannec
Bongonaut

Re: waxoyl

Post by pamannec » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Having the same problem in Sussex!
wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Post by wishmaster » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:18 pm

A&S Motors Pontygwindy Rd Caerphilly Tel: 02920 859191 may be able to help :wink:

Izzy
I have a plan and its as HOT as my pants

IZZY

http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57/izzy2619/
wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Post by wishmaster » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi Gabby , how's the new V6 engine you had fitted :?:

Izzy

IZZY

Dr.Jekyll

Post by Dr.Jekyll » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:12 pm

wishmaster wrote:A&S Motors Pontygwindy Rd Caerphilly Tel: 02920 859191 may be able to help :wink:

Izzy
Yep they do it for only about £40 or something daft like that* and anything is better than nothing.

*by saying doing it, it being make the underside of the Bongo black they can. But how well it is done I have my doubts i.e. jet wash underside, dry off all parts then remove plugs and do the insides of the sills etc...Oh I don’t think so, not for £40.
wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Post by wishmaster » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Dr.Jekyll wrote:
wishmaster wrote:A&S Motors Pontygwindy Rd Caerphilly Tel: 02920 859191 may be able to help :wink:

Izzy
Yep they do it for only about £40 or something daft like that* and anything is better than nothing.

*by saying doing it, it being make the underside of the Bongo black they can. But how well it is done I have my doubts i.e. jet wash underside, dry off all parts then remove plugs and do the insides of the sills etc...Oh I don’t think so, not for £40.
It'll get you thro winter if nowt else til yer can afford the 'Real Mckoy' :wink:

IZZY

georgey
Bongonaut

Post by georgey » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:17 pm

A & S did my Bongo nearly 3 years ago and I paid £45...watched them do it. They didn't jetwash the underside but it was very clean anyway, they removed the spare wheel and got the Waxoyl everywhere visible. Since then I have just bought some clear waxoyl from Halfrauds and a small pressurising kit all for about £30 and done inside wings, sills etc myself...sod paying £300-400 for it...if you want peace of mind do it yourself... IMO A&S waxoyl very good value for money...Regards Geoff
Dr.Jekyll

Post by Dr.Jekyll » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:35 pm

georgey wrote:A & S did my Bongo nearly 3 years ago and I paid £45...watched them do it. They didn't jetwash the underside but it was very clean anyway, they removed the spare wheel and got the Waxoyl everywhere visible. Since then I have just bought some clear waxoyl from Halfrauds and a small pressurising kit all for about £30 and done inside wings, sills etc myself...sod paying £300-400 for it...if you want peace of mind do it yourself... IMO A&S waxoyl very good value for money...Regards Geoff
I wasen't knocking A & S and for £40 odd its a fantastic deal. So if you do like Geoff and I have done, finishing the job off ourselves, its a winner.
roger

Post by roger » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:21 am

I had mine done at A&S and now I'm worried. Do they miss bits? It sounds as if you are saying they only spray where they can see?? If that is the case where else should waxoyl go and how do you do it? do not get too technical, as I am not techy minded at all!!
dom_e
Tribal Elder

Post by dom_e » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:17 pm

I had mine done at A&S a couple of years ago. There were a few patches missing, but it is a cheap job. It's pretty easy to have a look underneath for any missed bits and spray yourself. I wouldn't be too concerned.
Beyond A to B

Return to “Wales/Cymru”