Welsh contingency roll call

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue May 23, 2006 9:16 pm

Tried to attend the last one but failed but I'm always game.

Any one know of an event we could tie into, country fair/ anything?
prb007

Post by prb007 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:30 pm

gazz and ally wrote:Been thinking of a South Wales (and allcomers) meet-up for a while now as numbers seem to be growing. Hands up who'd be interested for a Sat/Sun meet in June/July. Any suggestions as to location? Big car park and child friendly pub seem to me to be valid criteria. Where do you reckon? Gazz

Also - anyone fancy going to the Bongo Bash in convoy?
Yes and Yes.
Count me in.
Castellamare - Mumbles?
Bar Gallois - Aberavon?
Organise it & they will come!
prb007

Post by prb007 » Tue May 30, 2006 9:24 pm

Gazz - any more thoughts on this?
Had your respray, yet?
Alloys fitted?
gazz and ally

Post by gazz and ally » Wed May 31, 2006 9:30 am

Very excited: just dropped Billi off at the sprayers to get the roof done (black to match the rest). Pick him up tomorrow morning.

Alloys still (depressingly so) in hall. But light at the end of the tunnel: start new (better paid) job on Monday so definitely able to afford the tyres soon...

As for the South Wales meet, how about Sunday 9 July 2006 at Castellamare car park, Mumbles, Swansea at midday? I'll post this in the Fancy Meeting Up? section as well and see how we get on. I'll bring my cousing along for starters who's not long had his green AFT.

Cheers, Gazz.
bongosurf

Post by bongosurf » Wed May 31, 2006 9:20 pm

Gazz,
Hope you don't mind me asking but how much did it cost you to have your roof colour matched to the body.
prb007

Post by prb007 » Wed May 31, 2006 9:27 pm

Gazz, ditto, the above question, also where?
gazz and ally

Post by gazz and ally » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:16 am

Been quoted £150 (although I am picking it up this morning and haven't actually paid yet, so I'm praying for no hidden surprises!) bu Ian Davies Auto Refinishing in Pontarddulais. I'll post the number later and a report on how it looks when I collect. Gazz
gazz and ally

Post by gazz and ally » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:09 pm

£150 it was and Billi looks grand - Ian did a cracking job and his number's 01792 883115. I'll post some photos soon(ish). Well worth doing Pete.
bongosurf

Post by bongosurf » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:00 pm

Gazz,
Thanks for the info. that seems like a good price. I was thinking of getting my roof sprayed and a few scratches and dents done at the same time. I will give that guy a ring when i am ready to do it. Cheers.
prb007

Post by prb007 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:32 pm

Ditto, Gazz - I'll shop around for something closer, but this sounds reasonable - I was also looking to maybe get the bonnet done, just the odd chip here & there, just blown over, really.
Out of curiosity - did you have to de-sticker the roof first or did the sprayer do it for you?
gazz and ally

Post by gazz and ally » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:48 am

Nope, Ian did it for me. And he clean the whole of the outside before I picked it up. Great service. I've told him to expect a call...
PAUL10121968

WELSH CONTIGENCY ROLL CALL

Post by PAUL10121968 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:26 pm

PAUL IN ROEGRSTONE NEWPORT GWENT-BLACK BONGO M62 RTX-DON,T FORGET TO WAVE IF YOU SEE ME.
G @ M

Post by G @ M » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:20 pm

Proud owners of a Blue and silver Ford Freda in Pembroke
Shakey and Caz

Post by Shakey and Caz » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:02 pm

Will be R 770 YCC in a great steel blue! But still in M 118 UBA green ... Based in Ruthin but travel at the weekends to Ynys Mon, Lleyn peninsula etc. There are a couple of others up here in Ruthin/Denbigh area but very few "up on the coast", never see a local one on the A55.
pippin

Post by pippin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:42 pm

We will be at Llandudno Hospital tomorrow afternoon from 2.30pm for Lyndas annual BC checkup.
Hopefully will be out in time to hit Marks & Spencers!

Silver AFT.

Return to “Wales/Cymru”