Welsh contingency roll call

Shakey and Caz

Post by Shakey and Caz » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:51 pm

Sorry to hear that your best beloved (your wife not your Bongo!!!) needs to be 'checked up', please say hello to the old place, I used to be a theatre nurse there for 6 years! Also working in the afternoon in Ruthin, so unable to wave across the M & S smalls counter! Trying v. hard to get to the Bash.
pippin

Post by pippin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:55 pm

We'll be there - the Bash that is!
dwyryd

Post by dwyryd » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:40 pm

We saw a green AFT at Porth Or, Aberdaron, Lleyn about a month ago.
Camping in the corner! Was it you Shakey and Kaz?
Shakey and Caz

Post by Shakey and Caz » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:50 pm

Yes yes!! One of our favourite spots! Porth Orr/Whisling Sands particularly, its National Trust land but we have a NT sticker in the window and the little man doesnt mind as long as we are tidy campers.
prb007

Post by prb007 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:48 pm

Shakey/Caz.......out of curiosity; how much is & what are the benefits of joining the National trust?
dwyryd

Post by dwyryd » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:50 pm

My mum runs the cafe at Whistling Sands. If we see you again we will stop and say hi!
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:09 pm

prb007 wrote:Shakey/Caz.......out of curiosity; how much is & what are the benefits of joining the National trust?
we was members untill this year, family ticket is around £87.00, or there abouts, and you get to get in national trust propretys for free.

if you visit alot of them its worth while, but like us if you only visit a couple each year, it works out much cheaper to pay on the door.
Shakey and Caz

Post by Shakey and Caz » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:02 am

I'd agree! Got a less expensive introduction offer at Shrewsbury Show for the NT last year, so it wasn't too bad. We don't go to statley homes at all but use a lot of NT coastal bits for fishing and thus need somewhere to put the beloved Bongo ...! Its easier to smile sweetly at the car park attendant if the membership stickie can be seen! Thinks .... would it work as well with the Bongo Fury sticker?
prb007

Post by prb007 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:28 pm

Gazz - the bus goes in for a roof & bonnet respray next Tues. to Ian.
He was abit vague about how much extra he'd charge to do the bonnet, but as long as its' no more than £200, all in, I'll be more than happy.
A guy in Neath, (who shall remain nameless), wanted to sting me £400!
'Ooh - stickers'll take ages, see AND the roof will have to come off - thats' a days' work in itself!'.........whatever, more business for Ian Davies, and hopefully, in a weeks' time, I'll be able to add to his reputation as Wales' no.1 Bongo-roof sprayer!
gazz and ally

Post by gazz and ally » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:53 pm

Hi Pete

Ian done your roof yet?

Gazz
prb007

Post by prb007 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:27 pm

Yes - sorted, happy.
£240, roof, bonnet and sorted a trolley-dent in passenger door.
will get some photos up, soon.
Maybe a snap of the two vans together in mumbles!?
Got your wheels/tyres done, yet?
izzybarb

roll call

Post by izzybarb » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:39 pm

Hi,

Green over silver auto freetop, Skewen, Neath,

Barbara and Isabelle
experiment626

Post by experiment626 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:31 am

ash01 wrote:Hi

I'm down in Barry and last weekend i bought a Flat Top 2wd silver bongo.
Hi Ash!

I practically grew up in Barry and all my family are still there! Never seen a Bongo before we got one in january. Giz a wave if you see us drivin around to visit relatives! Burgundy Freetop Ford badged N-reg
experiment626

Post by experiment626 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:33 am

gazz and ally wrote:Been thinking of a South Wales (and allcomers) meet-up for a while now as numbers seem to be growing. Hands up who'd be interested for a Sat/Sun meet in June/July. Any suggestions as to location? Big car park and child friendly pub seem to me to be valid criteria. Where do you reckon? Gazz

Also - anyone fancy going to the Bongo Bash in convoy?
Bit late for the Bongo Bash bit, but cn we start a seperate thread about a Wales meet? We passed someone at the bash who mentioned a Wales bash....saw a few other than us who had welsh flag slying (Cymru am byth!) . We;d be up for it anyway!
prb007

Post by prb007 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:59 pm

er.........hello????????????????

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... php?t=4940

see you all there?

Return to “Wales/Cymru”