Looking to buy a bongo

wishinforbongo

Re: Looking to buy a bongo

Post by wishinforbongo » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:04 pm

saw a cream/gold(?) coloured bongo drive past us at a junction near Risca today while we were searching, does that belong to anyone here???
grb

Post by grb » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Mikey B wrote:Have found 2 down here is Swansea in the same garage, unfortunately the cheapest one is £7K. Both are on page 2 of the stock list.

Might be worth a browse thought. They are just off the M4 J47 in Penlegaer opposite 3M's

http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/ ... 4&pageid=3
madmile wrote:Just hope the current mileage is showing more than 108000km :wink: .
As I recall, they advertise 45k miles.

g.
jutwit
Bongolier

Post by jutwit » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:17 am

i went and had a test drive of that black bongo, there were a few things i didnt like about it,
1. the roof going up was tempremental
2. the turbo timer, remote starter didnt work
3. there was a high pitched constant beep that never went off, even when you were outside with it locked.
4. the bloke didnt know if it was 2 or 4wd
5. and the guys selling it just seemed a bit arfur daley

thats all i noticed, but it was enough to put me off and look elsewhere. and that was the first one i looked at.
grb

Post by grb » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:27 am

jutwit wrote:i went and had a test drive of that black bongo, there were a few things i didnt like about it,
3. there was a high pitched constant beep that never went off, even when you were outside with it locked.

thats all i noticed, but it was enough to put me off and look elsewhere. and that was the first one i looked at.

Did they claim a mileage certification? ...the bloke got quite defensive when we asked to see it (and subsequently could not produce one, so denied it had been mentioned!).

I asked about the 45k miles versus the 107k km sticker, and he made some silly comment about not being able to read Japanese - as we made our exit...

I imagine they've since removed the "offending" sticker...

grb.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:34 am

jutwit wrote:i went and had a test drive of that black bongo, there were a few things i didnt like about it,

You did right. Step awayyyyyy from that Bongo
:lol: :lol: :lol:
jutwit
Bongolier

Post by jutwit » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:28 pm

grb wrote:

Did they claim a mileage certification? ...the bloke got quite defensive when we asked to see it (and subsequently could not produce one, so denied it had been mentioned!).

I asked about the 45k miles versus the 107k km sticker, and he made some silly comment about not being able to read Japanese - as we made our exit...

I imagine they've since removed the "offending" sticker...

grb.

i asked about the certificate that should come with it to verify the mileage and he said "not yet, but vehicles and paper work dont always come at the same time, we buy and import so many cars that it might be in with the next shipment" :^o

Return to “Wales/Cymru”