Please help!

User avatar
Ron Miel
Supreme Being
Posts: 2239
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Please help!

Post by Ron Miel » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:11 pm

Any luck, Chrissy?

If still not sorted, I just got my copies of the newly available V6 Bongo workshop manuals twin pack, this morning. If Just Motors, or whoever, doesn't yet have them (they are very new), and need any info which might be in there, send me a PM,and I'll have a look for you. David aka Ron
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
chrissy.p

Re: Please help!

Post by chrissy.p » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi all, Just wanted to update you all and thank you for all your help! Contacted Just Motors in Milford Haven (thanks Ron) and they are looking after my poorly Bongo as we speak. (Or rather, as I type :wink: ) They are coming back to me with price today and seem more than happy & able to take care of our George properly - fingers crossed it's not going to cost me the earth! I'll let you know!

Thanks again all! One last question - where do I go to become paid up member - definitely well worth the £12 as mentioned!! =D>

Chris
User avatar
stilldesperate
Tribal Elder
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Di hard
Contact:

Re: Please help!

Post by stilldesperate » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:31 pm

chrissy.p wrote: Thanks again all! One last question - where do I go to become paid up member - definitely well worth the £12 as mentioned!! =D>

Chris
Good luck, hope it get's sorted [-o<

Club membership, just send me a cheque, payable to "The Stilldesperate Fallen Women Trust", your card will arrive in the next 5 years :lol:

.... Or you could go to http://www.bongofury.co.uk , top right of screen, under "Members area" there's a "Join" link.

It'll be the best £12 you spend on your Bongo!

SD
"The older I get, the faster I was"

Image
User avatar
missfixit70
Supreme Being
Posts: 12431
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:53 pm
Location: weymouth

Re: Please help!

Post by missfixit70 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:36 pm

The boss is away until the 16th, so no new memberships will be processed until then - http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/bongo.htm
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
User avatar
Ron Miel
Supreme Being
Posts: 2239
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Please help!

Post by Ron Miel » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:50 pm

chrissy.p wrote:Hi all, Just wanted to update you all and thank you for all your help! Contacted Just Motors in Milford Haven (thanks Ron) and they are looking after my poorly Bongo as we speak. (Or rather, as I type :wink: ) They are coming back to me with price today and seem more than happy & able to take care of our George properly - fingers crossed it's not going to cost me the earth! I'll let you know!

Thanks again all! One last question - where do I go to become paid up member - definitely well worth the £12 as mentioned!! =D>

Chris
Good news Chris. Sure they'll make her better but pity there's no NBHS isn't it? Hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, anyway. Happy Bongoing :D

Yes, please join us. Join still desperate's lot too if you feel like it. I'm thinking of joining for the networking possibilities. I do so love fallen women in nets:

Image

Cheers, David aka Ron
Last edited by Ron Miel on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
chrissy.p

Re: Please help!

Post by chrissy.p » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Hehe - you guys make me laugh - even with the not so great news i've just had! The garage just called - things they say definitely need doing - timing belt, tensioner, inlet seals, outlet seals, crank oil seal, they have estimated parts at £305 and labour at £240 so all in with vat £650. That's one thing but apparently the COmpany the garage are trying to source parts from said I may also need Hydraulic piston and 2 parts to do with an 'idler' whatever that is! arts alon costing about £230 each! So I could be looking at closer to £1500.00!!!!! :cry:

The Company they got prices from today are a Company they haven't dealt with before - they normally source parts through here but the guy they need to speak to is on holiday unitl Monday. I have said that I will wait until Monday for them to speak to the chap here at Bongofury and hope they can come back with a happier answer for me.

Another week with me & my ever growing 'bump' and increasingly grumpy toddler walking eveywhere in the rain.
:cry:
User avatar
missfixit70
Supreme Being
Posts: 12431
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:53 pm
Location: weymouth

Re: Please help!

Post by missfixit70 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:53 pm

If you look on the home page of the main site there are lots of other suppliers, Bongobits, AVA, Belllhill.... Who is he sourcing from?
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
User avatar
Ron Miel
Supreme Being
Posts: 2239
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Please help!

Post by Ron Miel » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:56 pm

S H ONE T!!! So sorry Chris. What mileage has she done?

You must be feeling like this:

Image

I'm really fed up for you:

Image
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
chrissy.p

Re: Please help!

Post by chrissy.p » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:38 pm

Thanks Ron! Done 68,000 miles ish which I didn't think was a lot. So gutted and praying for a better solution next Monday when the guy they usually speak to is back. I LOVE Bongogeorge so much - can't imagine what we will do if we can't get him fixed :(
User avatar
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Posts: 21901
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam
Contact:

Re: Please help!

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:03 pm

chrissy.p wrote:Thanks Ron! Done 68,000 miles ish which I didn't think was a lot. So gutted and praying for a better solution next Monday when the guy they usually speak to is back. I LOVE Bongogeorge so much - can't imagine what we will do if we can't get him fixed :(
Out of interest Chrissy, are this garage Bongo specialists/recommended?
I Bongo, therefore I am...
Bongoing, BonGoing, BonGone
User avatar
Ron Miel
Supreme Being
Posts: 2239
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Please help!

Post by Ron Miel » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:54 pm

chrissy.p wrote:Thanks Ron! Done 68,000 miles ish which I didn't think was a lot. So gutted and praying for a better solution next Monday when the guy they usually speak to is back. I LOVE Bongogeorge so much - can't imagine what we will do if we can't get him fixed :(
Indeed, not a lot of miles Chris, although the cambelt is rated to 62,000 miles and so would have been due, if not previously changed (?). Our Bongo has done 52,000 so will be interested if they have any view on why all those seals have failed - e.g., dried out while standing on dockside; low engine oil operation; whatever? Hope the other bits are not found to need changing.
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
User avatar
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Posts: 21901
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam
Contact:

Re: Please help!

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:34 pm

Do I recall one or two previous reports of crankshaft oil seals failing on the V6, and not at high mileages? :roll:
I Bongo, therefore I am...
Bongoing, BonGoing, BonGone
User avatar
stilldesperate
Tribal Elder
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Di hard
Contact:

Re: Please help!

Post by stilldesperate » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:37 pm

Ron Miel wrote: Yes, please join us. Join still desperate's lot too if you feel like it. I'm thinking of joining for the networking possibilities. I do so love fallen women in nets:

Image

Cheers, David aka Ron
You're now signed up, David !! :lol: :lol:

SD
"The older I get, the faster I was"

Image
User avatar
Ron Miel
Supreme Being
Posts: 2239
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Please help!

Post by Ron Miel » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:12 am

stilldesperate wrote:
Ron Miel wrote: Yes, please join us. Join still desperate's lot too if you feel like it. I'm thinking of joining for the networking possibilities. I do so love fallen women in nets:

Image

Cheers, David aka Ron
You're now signed up, David !! :lol: :lol:

SD
Much obliged SD. Where and when's the Big Bash going to be?
Last edited by Ron Miel on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
User avatar
Ron Miel
Supreme Being
Posts: 2239
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Please help!

Post by Ron Miel » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:14 am

mikeonb4c wrote:Do I recall one or two previous reports of crankshaft oil seals failing on the V6, and not at high mileages? :roll:
Doesn't come up in "search" using that exact term, Mike. Anyone?

Sounds like something to get checked over before attempting our mega-trek, anyway.

BTW, answering your earlier question, and as I see Chris hasn't been back on yet, she took her Bongo to Just Motors, Milford Haven, Bongo-friendly listed.
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
Locked