Please help!

chrissy.p

Please help!

Post by chrissy.p » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi there,

Was wondering if someone can help as I'm at my wits end and about to cry :(

Our Bongo (V6 petrol) has started to smell of burning when driven - drives fine - just this smell. I have taken it to 3 garages so far and spent 2 weeks walking everywhere (at 5 months pregnant with a 2 1/2 toddler in tow this isn't always fun!) for each garage to tell me that they can't work on it or give me a proper diagnosis, whilst charging me greatly for their 'help'. The vague diagnosis I have been given is that there is an oil leak, probably from either the crank shaft seal or the cam shaft seal but no-one can get in to have a proper look.

Anyway - my question is, I have heared talk on here on a spreadsheet that exists listing 'Bongo firendly' garages - if anyone could point me in the direction of this I would appreciate it so much - I can finally take BongoGeorge somewhere he will be properly looked after.

Thanks in advance,
Chris.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Re: Please help!

Post by francophile1947 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:16 pm

It's in the databases here http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/member ... #databases - click on GARAGES :D
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
chrissy.p

Post by chrissy.p » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:26 pm

Thank you - I've clicked on the link and it's asking me for a username and password - I tried entering the same ones I use to access the forum etc but it wont let me in? Do I need a different username/password and if so how do I get them?
Sorry to sound silly!
Chiris. :oops:
dandemann8
Supreme Being

Post by dandemann8 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi, you need to be a paid up member to enter that particular part of the forumn.

I hope this helps.
Bongo no more........... ;-(
stilldesperate
Tribal Elder

Post by stilldesperate » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Hi Chrissy,

The new password was emailed to all members 6th Oct, you should get in with that one.

HTH,

SD
"The older I get, the faster I was"

Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:40 pm

Chrissy. Where are you located? I'll look up the nearest ones for you.
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
chrissy.p

Post by chrissy.p » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:43 pm

Thanks so much everyone for your help - Ron I am located in Haverforddwest, Pembrokeshire

Thank you
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:50 pm

chrissy.p wrote:Thanks so much everyone for your help - Ron I am located in Haverforddwest, Pembrokeshire

Thank you
'alf a mo'

Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:58 pm

Nearest one to you listed is Just Motors, 16 Thornton Park, Thornton Industrial Estate, Milford Haven SA73 2RR. Tel. 01646 663866

Next nearest are in Caerphilly, Swansea and Cardiff. If Just Motors can't help, get back to me through here and I'll pass on all their info - I'm usually on here two or three times a day. Good luck.

dandemann8
Supreme Being

Post by dandemann8 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:01 pm

Ron Miel wrote:Nearest one to you listed is Just Motors, 16 Thornton Park, Thornton Industrial Estate, Milford Haven SA73 2RR. Tel. 01646 663866

Next nearest are in Caerphilly, Swansea and Cardiff. If Just Motors can't help, get back to me through here and I'll pass on all their info - I'm usually on here two or three times a day. Good luck.
Nice bit of assistance there. =D> =D> =D> I wish I thought of that :!:
Bongo no more........... ;-(
chrissy.p

Post by chrissy.p » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 pm

Ron - Thank you so much - you may just be my hero! Milford Haven is only 7 miles from here - I'll be on the telephone first thing in the morning. I'll let you know how i get on =D>
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:36 pm

BF member Apole (Andy) it was I think who had this problem and got it sorted without probs. Or was it BF member cheffy54? or was it both of them. If they don't read this thread then try PMing them. Or have a search, cos its all on here somewhere.

Good luck - keep us posted 8)
dom_e
Tribal Elder

Post by dom_e » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:08 pm

Good luck.

It's worth joining the BF for the sake of £12. There're loads of useful fact sheets, discounts and you get a sticker!

All the best.

Dom
Beyond A to B
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:15 pm

Glenda had this problem last year while in Cornwall and had it sorted out by Allens in Plymouth.

The other one was Andy - Apole. Could be worth pm ing them both for details of work required and costs. The main problem apart from money was getting the spare seals.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:32 pm

In another thread today, apole (Andy) said he was away for the weekend, so wouldn't be responding on that thread until Monday. So, if he's already gone, then too late until then.

Return to “Wales/Cymru”