Boys on Bikes

David Edwards
Supreme Being

Boys on Bikes

Post by David Edwards » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Anyone see four lads en route heavily laden with stuff cycling from Anglesy to Cardiff, give em a toot or even better some loose change, lol, it is my son and his mates doing a charity ride, in this bogging weather. They have had a great reception so far from people along the way and hope to reach Cardiff Bay either on Monday or Tuesday. I have a large jar of muscle rub waiting for them,lol.
dom_e
Tribal Elder

Re: Boys on Bikes

Post by dom_e » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:03 pm

How'd they do?

A group of firends and I did the same last year - the northern most tip of Anglesy to Cardiff bay non stop on the road. We had an annoying head wind the whole way, but it was a good ride.

Dom
Beyond A to B
georgeil773480

Post by georgeil773480 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi just to say hello from Wrexham
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:05 am

Yep they did it, no thanks to the bloody appalling weather they had en route, I had a job picking up a bike it was so heavy with the packs being so waterlogged. One point I will be bringing up with Los Lan Cymru thought is the route which sent them over the beacons and some of the highest and most dangerous points in bad weather. I know having recovered bodies on several occassions from some of the points they passed. In fine weather it is a nice route but in bad weather and this was really bad it should give an amendment and tell them stick to main roads, there is no phone coverage on the route so any problems are increased. They had one bad moment when one of the bikes had a rear puncture in one of the wooded stages and Darryl had to run nearly a mile pushing the thing fully laden until they could get some cover to repair it. A fantastic acheivement by them non the less, even if they were freezing cold and totally worn out. I am so proud of the four of em.
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:10 am

=D> =D> =D> well done them -you have evry right to be proud.
dom_e
Tribal Elder

Post by dom_e » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:08 pm

=D> Well done to them. The weather must've been a little harsh to say the least!
Beyond A to B

Return to “Wales/Cymru”