Bongo Bash

wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Bongo Bash

Post by wishmaster » Mon May 25, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi,anyone going to the biggie in June,we're new to this and never been to one before so dont know what to expect,might go as a day visitor and see what its like.What happens on these get togethers :?:
I have a plan and its as HOT as my pants

IZZY

http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57/izzy2619/
jumper
Bongolier

Re: Bongo Bash

Post by jumper » Mon May 25, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi , we have booked up and are staying friday, sat, sunday nights, we have been away in the bongo quite a few times but first time to a bongo bash. Cant wait now. Are there any others from South Wales travelling up on friday ?

Ian
Happiness isn't having what you want its wanting what you have.
pippin

Post by pippin » Mon May 25, 2009 10:35 pm

Don't waste travelling time on a day visit - go the whole hog and stay a couple of nights, you won't regret it.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon May 25, 2009 10:42 pm

wishmaster wrote:Hi,anyone going to the biggie in June,we're new to this and never been to one before so dont know what to expect,might go as a day visitor and see what its like.What happens on these get togethers :?:
I had the same questions and went to my first one last year. Just camped up, got on with a chilled out weekend, enjoyed hanging round the music tent, took a boat trip down to Stourport for the day, talked to other peeps as much or as little as I felt like (no obligation), marvelled at so many Bongos with so many different setups, and my son and his mate hada great time riding round on bikes and joining in with other kids. It all just falls into place without probs. Definitely worth more than a day visit. 8)
northerntaff

Post by northerntaff » Mon May 25, 2009 11:14 pm

Yep - we'll be travelling up on the Friday for two nights. Looking forward to it now, not long!
Dizzy-Dots
Tribal Elder

Post by Dizzy-Dots » Wed May 27, 2009 12:22 am

We're going - but I can't remember when we're booked for! :oops: Think we're going Thursday - Sunday :?

Really enjoyed the last one we went to (2 years ago) but didn't get to meet anyone from the forum - just had a few funny looks from people who had obviously never even heard of the forum!

Think people are making nice signs saying who they are this year...
Lisa

1995 'N' Plate - 2WD AFT in Black - called 'Jonnie'!

Mat+Lisa

Post by Mat+Lisa » Wed May 27, 2009 8:27 pm

We've never been before either,we are booked in for friday and saturday night,should be good :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Post by wishmaster » Sat May 30, 2009 4:13 pm

Due to work shifts we can only get there for the day :( ,we would love to meet other bongo lovers and become part of the family but this time its got to be a day visit only. We're trying to get a day off together and maybe join some of you guys on the way up if possible :) .These bongo bashes sound real fun and we look forward to going
I have a plan and its as HOT as my pants

IZZY

http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57/izzy2619/
dom_e
Tribal Elder

Post by dom_e » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:28 pm

Sadly, we're not able to make it.

Since the problem of not knowing who is who has been raised - how about putting your forum name and pic in the windscreen, :roll:
Beyond A to B
georgey
Bongonaut

Post by georgey » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:15 pm

This will be the third bash we have been to, have enjoyed them all so far. Always put my forum name on the windscreen...will be dragging a caravan with me this year look out for the 7 meter pole with a Welsh flag on...nice to meet some of the Welsh Bongo possy... c u there. :wink:
mopper22

Re:cefn cribbwr crew go to Bongo Bash !!

Post by mopper22 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:13 pm

cefn cribbwr crew.... great weekend up in stourport first time for me and the missus really friendly and helpfull people really well organised weldone ian !! travelled up with ella & liz gwyn, chic downs & linzie, colin & babs ,tony & lauren, lyn & bev downs , robby shaw ,who was also in charge of entertainment ranging from guitar to harmonica to didggery doo to jaws harp sorry if we were a bit loud on friday night. but if you live in cefn cribbwr this is how we love to entertain with an old fashion sing song with bev on guitar and vocals great welcome in the bridge inn in stourport to watch the lions cant wait to go next year to meet up with the great friends we all met till next year!!! adam & diane
northerntaff

Post by northerntaff » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Hiya mopper and welcome to the forum. Sorry we didn't get up to meet you. We were only there for the Friday and Saturday and it seemed to fly by and then I thought...we should've come for longer !!! :roll:

Anyway...don't worry about the noise. We could hear you from where we were at midnight...it was great. We fell asleep listening to you...lovely :D
BONGO-LOUIS

Post by BONGO-LOUIS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:59 pm

Just want to say thankyou for making us feel welcome sat evening whoever was playing the guitars that eve were fab. great sing song...

Gary & Tina
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:17 pm

We were busy at the NW Marquee on the night & missed the show but as a fan of Zulu, would've got a buzz from a professional version of Men Of Harlech.

Maybe do it again at the Welsh bash in August . . .
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
welshcrew

Post by welshcrew » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:07 pm

gary and tina
were the guitar players and sing song in the corner by the static caravans, if so it was us. glad you enjoyed.

Return to “Wales/Cymru”