Hi to all.

mart&sal

Hi to all.

Post by mart&sal » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:39 pm

Hello to all from a couple of newbies :D

We are new to the forum and the whole Bongo experience, although we havn't bought one yet!

We live in Llandudno, North Wales and are planning on getting our first Bongo, probably around this time next year ready for summer. We do a lot of mountain biking, fishing and hill walking and want the freedom of going where you want when you want instead of booking into B&B's that cost the earth!

We have seen a couple of Bongos for sale localy but don't really want to jump into buing the first thing we see without doing our home work. Ive been looking around the forum and I have to say its full of handy tips and hints and hopefuly by the time we come to buy we will Bongo ninja's :D :D

We plan to Hire a bongo a couple of times before we buy to get a feel for exactly what we want, and to see how we fair with transporting bikes and the kit that goes with them. If anyone knows of anywhere local that hires pleas drop us a line.

Also if there are any owners up our end that are willing to show us theirs that would be brilliant, maybe over a pint or 2 :wink: :wink:

I will appologise now for any bone question I may ask :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

Martin & Sally :)
peanutcrusher
Tribal Elder

Re: Hi to all.

Post by peanutcrusher » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:01 pm

I'm fairly new to bongo's myself I brought mine only three weeks ago so you could say i'm a newbie too :D
I'm learning thing every day about bongos. i travel to the Snowdon area a few times a year to climb I'd be up for meeting up if your around.
Bongo now work later !!! :) :)
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi I'm on Anglesey and we're usually around Llandudno holiday time
What are you doing this weekend??? There's a little bongo bash on Anglesey...can't speak for others but if you wanted to pop along I'm quite happy for you to look at my bongo...mines not converted tho...
Debs
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Welcome mart&sal - and what a lovely place to live. Its an interesting thought that hiring one will of itself take a chunk out of the budget. There's a Bongo camping meet on Anglesey this weekend (BF member Debbiepritch who lives on Anglesey is organising it). Why not nip over and say hello. Bongo owners are an enthusiastic bunch and will happily enthuse all day about their pride and joy. You may even cadge a short ride in one so you can get a feel what its like to travel about in them. I hope you won't be disappointed. Good luck with your quest for a Bongo 8)

PS - I see she's beaten me to it :lol:
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:17 pm

PS - I see she's beaten me to it :lol:[/quote]

My maiden name was Sharp..and that I am Mike :lol: :lol: :lol:
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:23 pm

Welcome to the fold peeps from lancs/yorks border. Ask away. We are all here for you and more than happy to help. Check out the home page tonnes of info there as well.
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
BONGO-LOUIS

Post by BONGO-LOUIS » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:11 pm

:lol: :lol: Hi again you guys and hope you had a good birthday martin.
All you will end up with from this form is a great bunch of friends. a big welcome and happy bongoin you are welcome at any meet with or without a bongo....just bring beer :lol: :lol:
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:23 pm

Hang over hick. Nah never at a Bongo Meet. :lol:
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:48 am

Nice to have you on board, I am sure there are enough of us in Wales for you to have a good look at some bongos to help you decide, good luck in your choice, mine is a P reg flat top manual.
mart&sal

Post by mart&sal » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:27 pm

Hey,
Thanks for the warm welcome guys :D :D
We're gonna try and get over to Anglesey to meet you all Sunday, so hope to see you all there
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:04 pm

mart&sal wrote:Hey,
Thanks for the warm welcome guys :D :D
We're gonna try and get over to Anglesey to meet you all Sunday, so hope to see you all there
Excellent. Advise getting over promptly in case early birds pack up and set off, sightseeing on the way. You don't want ot miss 'em! Today (early evening) would be the ideal as they will be firmly encamped and not too busy getting packed up to go home.
mart&sal

Post by mart&sal » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:26 am

We missed you all #-o

Had a bit of a hectic weekend, couldnt make Saturday due to mountain biking up Snowdon so we headed over to the campsite yesterday afternoon and we had just missed you.

A bit gutted, but I hope you all had a good time.

Will NOT miss the next one!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:50 pm

mart&sal wrote:We missed you all #-o

Had a bit of a hectic weekend, couldnt make Saturday due to mountain biking up Snowdon so we headed over to the campsite yesterday afternoon and we had just missed you.

A bit gutted, but I hope you all had a good time.

Will NOT miss the next one!
I'm not going to say anything :-#
mart&sal

Post by mart&sal » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:49 pm

ha ha, I didnt get on to read the last post before ours, wish I had now, could have got us there in time to catch you all :D
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:54 pm

mart&sal wrote:ha ha, I didnt get on to read the last post before ours, wish I had now, could have got us there in time to catch you all :D
ah what a shame...bet there'll be loads round Llandudno this weekend with the extravaganza...just be cheeky and ask for a peek :wink:

Debs

Return to “Wales/Cymru”