Anyone camped at Pembrey?

Dizzy-Dots
Tribal Elder

Anyone camped at Pembrey?

Post by Dizzy-Dots » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:00 am

We're off this evening for a weekend of truck racing at Pembrey circuit. (Thanks MickeyB for the tip off)

We have tried to find a campsite local, but they all seem to be caravans only.... :roll:

Hubby noticed that the track offered camping passes - so I phoned them, and they said we can camp there :) - they said their bar and restaurant will be open, with entertainment on the Saturday night.

Has anyone camped at Pembrey circuit before? Just wanted to know what to expect really....I'm guessing it will be pretty basic (no electric etc much to our daughters disgust! LOL!) - I'm just hoping for at least one clean loo [-o<

Can't fault the price though - it's FREEEEEEE!!!!!!!

When I rang them, they said because there had been a change to the weekends timetable, they were now offering the tickets for £12 per person for the Saturday and Sunday (it was suppossed to be £12 pp per day - and she said said that the price included the camping pass :D Happy Days!

Should be a good weekend - haven't seen the trucks for a good few years.....
Lisa

1995 'N' Plate - 2WD AFT in Black - called 'Jonnie'!

Mikey B

Re: Anyone camped at Pembrey?

Post by Mikey B » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:00 am

Read this too late,
Havnt camped at the race track, only 40 minutes from where I live.

But have camped next door in the Country Park - basic facilties for camping but you get to use the whole country park. Basic here is you need a minimum of 6 tents and have public liability insurance (most have this on their house insurance). If I remember correctly its £2.50 per person per night £10 per motorhome. This also includes free access to and from the park (normally pay £2.00) in the form of temporary passes.
Dizzy-Dots
Tribal Elder

Post by Dizzy-Dots » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Well, I survived my weekend at the track!

We had a fantastic time - got there at 9:30 pm Friday night, paid our £24 for whole weekend :D and then went off to find a pitch somewhere as instructed....

We camped in the paddock area - which was fab - even my daughter enjoyed! :shock: :lol: The toilets were all clean (which I was very happy about, cause I was worried about them before hand! :oops: )

We watched the two days racing from the bongo - no need to move! Although we did have walks around the track to watch from different view points

Found camping without electricity fine - didn't really miss it (other than for fridge)

Will definitely be returning at some point - it was great!

P.S. The campsite in Pembrey park has been taken over by the Caravan Club :( so we can't camp there - we're unconverted, so they don't want us as members
Lisa

1995 'N' Plate - 2WD AFT in Black - called 'Jonnie'!

Mikey B

Post by Mikey B » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:26 pm

When we camped there last year we camped over by the resturant. We booked it via the information hut (the one with all the beach toys in it). Its the same hut that you get your annual car parking pass from.

PS glad you enjoyed the truck racing, hopefully we can make it for the end of season truck racing in October.

Return to “Wales/Cymru”