Help buying a local Bongo

goofyfoot
Bongonaut

Help buying a local Bongo

Post by goofyfoot » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:13 am

Ladies and Gents
After an aft model with a budget between 3-5 thousand.Van needs to be fairly local, had my fingers burnt by several people(one a member , who I wont name and shame)to a point where I 've even purchased a one way train ticket,so my quest of "travelling to find the right van" is out of the window.If anything catches your eye please give me a shout at "email address removed by mod - recommend PM instead"
Many thanks

Neil
georgey
Bongonaut

Re: Help buying a local Bongo

Post by georgey » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:41 am

Where in South Wales are you? I bought my Bongo from St Illans in Caerphilly can't complain about the service very good. Regards geoff.
goofyfoot
Bongonaut

Post by goofyfoot » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:43 am

Just outside Caerphilly,looking for a private sale, tend to get more for your coin, but thanks for the advice I 'll pop in and see if they will haggle
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:20 pm

You will be hard pushed to find a private sale like this in Wales, lol, if I was you I would go the garage option, I did and had a good deal plus the after care i.,e guarantee is a safety net, not that we get much problems, mine has only just had some jobs after five years so I cant complain, go and have a good look and see what is there, I might even pop down one day, lol, good luck and dont give up.
dom_e
Tribal Elder

Post by dom_e » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:58 pm

When you do find one, A & S Motor Repairs in Caerphilly is the local recommended service garage. They do a cheap underseal although, I'm sure it's not the best quality for the kind of money they charge. There is actually a garage near to A&S that sell Bongo's - next to a large tyre place and opposite a Motor factor. Not sure if this is the one that people have already mentioned.

Good luck hunting.
Beyond A to B
wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Post by wishmaster » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi, i just bought a v6 petrol from st.ilan car imports in caerphilly,steve arranged my lpg conversion and is putting a coolant alarm on for me on thursday,he seems to know his way around the bongo very well, so far ive had no problems,might be worth popping in and having a chat see what he can get. Happy hunting, you will find what you want,it took me nearly a year but worth the wait :)
I have a plan and its as HOT as my pants

IZZY

http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57/izzy2619/
pilajake
Bongolier

Post by pilajake » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:01 pm

3 new imports on Ebay at the moment in a garage in Waunarlwydd ,Swansea.
This Garage has just been recomended on BF as well
I think they are called www.qualitycarsdirect.co.uk
Worth a look !!
Wild Women from WONGO there are none in my BONGO !!
Mikey B

Post by Mikey B » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:40 pm

Bought mine from Joe at quality cars. He usually adverises through autotrader. He also gave a 6 months guarantee when I bought mine.
changeinminds
Bongonaut

Post by changeinminds » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:41 am

I agree with the above, bought mine from Joe, quality cars in waunarlwdd had it about 3 months no issues, friendly service, worth speeaking with him.

Return to “Wales/Cymru”