2009 Roll Call

Dizzy-Dots
Tribal Elder

2009 Roll Call

Post by Dizzy-Dots » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:02 pm

Just thought I'd start us off new for 2009....

I'm Lisa, live in the Rhondda, South Wales with my black aft, Jonnie, oh and hubby and two kids!

Who else is around????

Oooo and a Happy New Year to you all!
Lisa

1995 'N' Plate - 2WD AFT in Black - called 'Jonnie'!

David Edwards
Supreme Being

Re: 2009 Role Call

Post by David Edwards » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Me in Aberdare, green flaptop wit silver dragons possibly the first in wales to have one lol, five years now, certainly was first to start the cooking oil use lol. or..has someone been aropund longer.
Mikey B

Post by Mikey B » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Mikey B one of the many in Swansea. Owned Bongo now for approx 2½ years. Ours is a silver AFT unconverted and not tinted
Often out riding around on my motorbike, so if you see somebody on a black motorbike who flashes the headlight and waves - its probably me. :lol:
madmile
Supreme Being

Post by madmile » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Hi I am Ed - Based nr Caerphilly and could be driving a white, blue or green Bongo (All have big chrome sticker on back window) :wink: .
How about some Welsh day meets this year or perhaps a convoy drive to the meets in the west country.
pilajake
Bongolier

Post by pilajake » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:40 pm

Hi we are John and Sue,
Owned the Bongo for two years and live in the swansea Area.
Green over silver aft .
Wild Women from WONGO there are none in my BONGO !!
jumper
Bongolier

Post by jumper » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:11 am

Hi everyone im Ian, started bongoing last august and had a few weekends away in the autumn cant wait for the weather to warm up so we can go away again. Im married to Beth and we have a little boy Ioan 17 months old, and can be seen around the Bridgend area
Happiness isn't having what you want its wanting what you have.
Dizzy-Dots
Tribal Elder

Post by Dizzy-Dots » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:45 am

We all seem to be in the South Wales area so far - we always see loads whilst out-and-about in Swansea - infact, it was in the car-park of Mothercare (by Toysrus) that we saw our first ever Bongo - oooow...must have been about 4-5 years ago! It was all white, with no badge markings other than the front mazda badge that doesn't look like a mazda badge (if you see ehat I mean! LOL!) liked it, but didn't know what the hell it was! :D :oops:

It wasn't until a man came into hubbys work (Eurocarparts, Cardiff) to ask for some bits and bobs for his car that we really found out about them - hubby came home saying that he'd found the 'perfect car' for us......the man had showed him all round his, explained that you can add extras (like kitchens etc) and awnings and the rest, as they say, was history....within two weeks (even though we weren't considering a car change then) we'd bought our Jonnie and haven't looked back since!

Funny how somethings are just meant to be........
Lisa

Mikey B

Post by Mikey B » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:18 pm

madmile wrote: How about some Welsh day meets this year .
Sound good- any suggestion where?

We usualy see loads but only wave /flash lights, would be good to chat and maybe put faces to names.
gkdowson

Post by gkdowson » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:52 pm

Seem to be quite a few of you down in South Wales!

Are there any more up North Wales?

Sorry not got my Bongo yet!!! But I am hopefull I will find the right one for me.

I'm taking my time to get the best I can. It's funny really 'cos since I decided to get a Bongo I havn't seen one one the road. Been traveling far and wide looking at Bongos on forecourts. Still when I do get my Bongo it looks like I may well have to come down South and introduce myself to you all.

Looking foreward to that,
Kind regards,
Geoff Dowson.
Dizzy-Dots
Tribal Elder

Re: 2009 Roll Call

Post by Dizzy-Dots » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:50 pm

gkdowson wrote:But I am hopefull I will find the right one for me
We saw several, erm....shall I be polite?......very unloved bongos before coming across our 'Jonnie' (I can't believe the state some were in :shock: - poor cars! :cry: )

We were very lucky - we bought ours just two weeks after first clapping eyes on our very first one! It is used as my everyday car - mostly on daily school runs (two minutes from house :oops: :oops: :oops: ) and of course, camping holidays/breaks.....and work-horse to bring 'stuff' home from Ikea etc.....and kids taxi....and always-perfect-picnic-spot and countless other jobs that it's totally perfect for! 8)

We haven't had any real problems with it - it's totally brilliant - even after our two years of ownership :D

Hope you find 'the one' soon, then you too will have a silly smile stuck to your face :lol:
Lisa

dom_e
Tribal Elder

Post by dom_e » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Dom and Kathryn, just N of Cardiff.

We've got a slightly scruffy dark red AFT - love it though.

1 springer spaniel and we're also expeciting our first child any day now and are looking forwards to trips later this year.
Beyond A to B
Dizzy-Dots
Tribal Elder

Post by Dizzy-Dots » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:27 am

dom_e wrote:expeciting our first child any day
Oooo exciting times ahead then :) Congratulations

My hubby's brother is expecting too (well, his other half is, to be correct) - the baby is due on February 1st - I can't wait! It seems ages since I've held a baby (our youngest is now 7!!! :shock: )

Take care and Happy Bongoing.....
Lisa

LEEANGE

Post by LEEANGE » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 pm

we`re in wrexham!!
seen loads about up here but none seem to be members on here..
got a green/silver,de-stickered,bull-bars and limo tints.
got a set of 17`s to go on soon!!! :D
roger

Post by roger » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi All, :D :D

We live in Cardiff. We have a White on Silver AFT. Had her a year in Feb. Just passed her MOT. We use her to camp but not converted as we got loads of kit from tent camping. so we have Royal traveller stand alone awning. We went to Clevedon on boxing day and camped for the weekend. cold outside but we snug as a bug in a bongo :!: :!:
Dizzy-Dots
Tribal Elder

Post by Dizzy-Dots » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi Roger - ours is unconverted too - we've had ours two years and had originally wanted to live with it for a bit before we choose which conversion was for us - turns out, that 'no' conversion is for us - we find it great as it is

Our camping equipment is taking our our house - so I'm not even going to look on the camping websites this year - not even during the sales! LOL!

Happy Bonging
Lisa

Return to “Wales/Cymru”