legal advise

Moderator: Ian

horus01
Bongonaut

legal advise

Post by horus01 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:43 am

i bought my baby in march 2011 and took delivery beginning of april( dealer purchase).Am the first registered uk owner.Due to mechanical error on dealer part for change of cambelt and pullies a bolt snapped.Thankfully no real damage;although dealer had budgeted for a new engine.About november the engine showed signs of oil leak from cam seal.I have been in contact with the dealer who has spun me along time wise.Have been to see him and he's agreed to get the van in and do the work-although he feels that i am "f#####g" him.Has tried telling me due the cash deal i got the vehicle at substantially less than the market value.Does anyone know what my rights are and what actions i can or will have to take to resolve this matter????
karena
Supreme Being

Re: legal advise

Post by karena » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:02 pm

pretty certain the fact that it was a cash deal is irrlevant hope you have a receipt though what were the alternatives i do know that where interest free credit is on offer there cannot be a cash deal alternative at a lower price because some-one taking interest free would in fact be paying interest by the difference between the two prices -i would also have a look at offers on similar vehicles and see whether what you paid it actually below market price if not print some off and take them with you.Other than that dont know about the legal situation did he offer a warranty -what did it cover -
even without a warranty you may have rights under consumer law if it wasnt fit for purpose there is a guide here that may be helpful http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppi ... s-exchange
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Re: legal advise

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:54 pm

horus01 wrote:i bought my baby in march 2011 and took delivery beginning of april( dealer purchase).Am the first registered uk owner.Due to mechanical error on dealer part for change of cambelt and pullies a bolt snapped.Thankfully no real damage;although dealer had budgeted for a new engine.About november the engine showed signs of oil leak from cam seal.I have been in contact with the dealer who has spun me along time wise.Have been to see him and he's agreed to get the van in and do the work-although he feels that i am "f#####g" him.Has tried telling me due the cash deal i got the vehicle at substantially less than the market value.Does anyone know what my rights are and what actions i can or will have to take to resolve this matter????
As an ex copper my legal advise would be that its illegal to buy any child,no matter what age. [-X
Serios repercusions from Plod if he gets wind of it ......... #-o

Joking apart,Id seek advise from trading standards or citizens advice bureau,as i think Karen is correct

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”