Bongo friendly garages in Yorkshire and the North East

Moderator: Ian

waycar8
Supreme Being

Bongo friendly garages in Yorkshire and the North East

Post by waycar8 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:00 pm

Post here with contact details if you have a bongo friendly garage who you have used in the past, doesnt have to be a garage, can be spray shop, exhaust garage, tyre fitter ect ect.

please provide contact details inc address and telephone number, a website or contact name would be bonus :D
tiger lill
Bongonaut

Re: Bongo friendly garages in Yorkshire and the North East

Post by tiger lill » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Recommended on this site previously.... for MOT only : -
Central Garage.
Bristol Street,
Roseville Road,
Leeds.
LS7 1DH
0113 2456982
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Had a stainless steel exhaust fitted for £250, prices start at £235 fitted for a standard one but I had a different rear pipe that was an extra £15

Tony Banks Auto Engineers Ltd
Unit 6, Lakeside Industrial Estate, Tong Road, Leeds, LS12 4QP
0113 2798944 or 07843836544
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi just to let everyone in North East looking for vehicle graphics know about a good guy you can use for your Bongo.He is doing some for mine which i have designed and he is going to make up at very reasonable cost.He has also taken photos of original decals in case i want to go back to original. He can make up anything you like,any size,vehicle wraps etc. His name is Jeff Amer and his company is:

Aardvark graphics
28 Pembroke Gardens
Wallsend
Tyne and Wear
NE28 0DP
[email protected]

Mention my name Stuart Coates and he will look after us Bongo owners.
Do what you like.Like what you do.
Mattylad

Garage Recommendation for North East

Post by Mattylad » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Hello All,

Just wanted to take this opportunity to reccommend a garage for us all in the North East. It has been mentioned before and is on the bongo friendly list. However, its always good to know that someone has been there recently and had a good job done.

The garage is V.I.S.A.R. Garage near to Thirsk (literally 2 mins drive out of Thirsk).

The guy you want to talk to is the owner Andy a.k.a The Bongo King (no really he is known as that).

He solved my fuel pump leak and replaced the rocker gasket, water pump, cam belt, coolant flush and bleed, thermostat and a couple of worn fuel lines.

Very very reasonable cost and he takes huge pride in making sure bongos leave his shop in the best state possible.

On top of all that he is a cracking bloke and tells ya how it is. Huge reccommendations folks.

Matty
macscrooge

Post by macscrooge » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Just had my Bongo MOT'd and serviced by Maltby Service Station (01709814090). I really can't praise them highly enough - spent lots of time before and after talking me through the work done, and even the price was reasonable. This is the first time I have used MSS but it won't be the last. By coincidence, the Honda I bought for my wife earlier this year has been looked after by MSS for most of it's life, so that's more work they'll be getting from us.
garywbrooks
Bongonaut

Post by garywbrooks » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Recommend for MOTs & Servicing

Nick Clulee
Mazda Motor Engineer (Service and Repairs)
90 Prospect Road
Heeley
Sheffield S2 3EN
0114 255 1820

Friendly chap, understands grey imports and doesn't have a problem with them, in fact, he thinks generally they are in better condition than the UK cars!
andybr23

Post by andybr23 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi all.

I am new to the Bongo World and I am looking for a Bongo friendly garage in the North East, near Sunderland or Newcastle. Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks
Andy
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:49 pm

Can you post your location as I might be able to put you in touch with someone at cramlington. Also might arrange a local meet if we can get any interest. I met up with ELZE tonight and had a good chat about bongos and stuff.
andybr23

Post by andybr23 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:14 am

My location is Washington, Tyne & Wear. Have you used any local garages?
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Not yet as i do most stuff myself, but the lad i know at Cramlington will collect and deliver, and he his also an ex Mazda mechanic. i also used to work at mazda so have plenty of contacts if needed.
Just messaged another owner who lives in wallsend. Our numbers are increasing we should definitely try and arrange a local meet somewhere.
horus01
Bongonaut

Post by horus01 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:58 am

well happy with these guys- Fairways Service Station
Doncaster Road
Ackworth
Pontefract
West Yorks
WF77BZ
01977 614376
andybr23

Post by andybr23 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:47 am

stuc wrote:Not yet as i do most stuff myself, but the lad i know at Cramlington will collect and deliver, and he his also an ex Mazda mechanic. i also used to work at mazda so have plenty of contacts if needed.
Just messaged another owner who lives in wallsend. Our numbers are increasing we should definitely try and arrange a local meet somewhere.
Is this the Bridge Garage at Cramlington? Yes I would be up for a meet, I just signed up to go to the National Bongo Bash in June anyone else going?
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 pm

Not sure what his garage is called but his name is dominic hook, i can give you his no. if you need it. I might have to meet someone else to sort out a reverse mirror so may be good to try and get a few together. I was going to go , if we can get together maybe good to drive down together.
andybr23

Post by andybr23 » Mon May 07, 2012 7:42 pm

I have just used a great garage in Cramlington. Bridge Garage, Front Street Annitisford, NE23 7QS. Did a full service and fitted an O2 sensor. They know there way around a Bongo. It is on Bongo Fury's Garage list.

Great Service =D>

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”