I am still around

Moderator: Ian

Jon the Bassist
Bongolier

I am still around

Post by Jon the Bassist » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been contributing much or going to any meets for the last year or so. Everything is fine with us, we've just been really busy. Our eldest lad has taken up a hobby that I enjoyed as a kid [BMX racing], and also got me heavily involved, and racing again myself :shock: :shock: :shock:

Needless to say the Bongo has been fantastic for the new hobby with the option of camping at distant meets and being a nice space to keep warm/get changed etc etc. The Bongo is still getting a lot of use with me travelling to gigs, moving furniture, ferrying loads of kids around etc.

We have plenty of plans for camping this year; a couple of days somewhere as yet undecided during the Spring Bank school holiday week, our main summer holiday on the east coast, and camping at the British BMX Championships in Cheddar during late September. We've acquired a bit more kit; water containers, portaloo etc and we've got one of those pop-up 2.5m gazebos ordered for shorter trips. There will hopefully be a few more overnighters fitted in this year as well.

Peace, Jon
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: I am still around

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Jon the Bassist wrote:Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been contributing much or going to any meets for the last year or so. Everything is fine with us, we've just been really busy. Our eldest lad has taken up a hobby that I enjoyed as a kid [BMX racing], and also got me heavily involved, and racing again myself :shock: :shock: :shock:

Needless to say the Bongo has been fantastic for the new hobby with the option of camping at distant meets and being a nice space to keep warm/get changed etc etc. The Bongo is still getting a lot of use with me travelling to gigs, moving furniture, ferrying loads of kids around etc.

We have plenty of plans for camping this year; a couple of days somewhere as yet undecided during the Spring Bank school holiday week, our main summer holiday on the east coast, and camping at the British BMX Championships in Cheddar during late September. We've acquired a bit more kit; water containers, portaloo etc and we've got one of those pop-up 2.5m gazebos ordered for shorter trips. There will hopefully be a few more overnighters fitted in this year as well.

Peace, Jon
Good to hear you are still about and Bongoing (which is the real point - blogging comes 2nd for Bongo owners, except in a few cases :oops: ) :lol: 8)
waycar8
Supreme Being

Re: I am still around

Post by waycar8 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Hey up Jon, nice to here from you :D

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”