Bongo ready Mechanic North Yorksire

Moderator: Ian

Surface2air
Bongonaut

Bongo ready Mechanic North Yorksire

Post by Surface2air » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Hello, please can anybody recomend a bongo friendly service garage in the North Yorkshire area. I have driven to Wellhouse (Huddersfield) in the past but need to cut out that expense. Any help gratefully received.
Cheers,
Sam :)
AlliDelta

Re: Bongo ready Mechanic North Yorksire

Post by AlliDelta » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:36 am

I have just had a bit of work done by a mate of mine, he owns Tech tyres in York and he has just done the following:

Cam belt
All pulleys
Thermostat
Flushed cooling system
Water pump rebuild
Undersealing

I won't put the price up here as I got "mates rates" However if you are feeling like using him give him a call and tell him Bongo put you onto him... \:D/

01904 427636 ask for Vic and he will be able to sort you out. =D>
Surface2air
Bongonaut

Post by Surface2air » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:56 pm

AlliDelta wrote:However if you are feeling like using him give him a call and tell him Bongo put you onto him... \:D/

01904 427636 ask for Vic and he will be able to sort you out. =D>
Thanks for your reply, i'm just due a service and was interested in a coolant flush...
AlliDelta

Post by AlliDelta » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:47 pm

No problem, just tell Vic what you need and he will sort it. He had no problems with bleeding our Bongo either :wink:
saracen

Post by saracen » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:28 pm

Can recommend Strayside in Harrogate, or Autosafe Clifton in York. Both places know their Bongos well and have given excellent service. I think they are both on the recommended garages database as well.
Surface2air
Bongonaut

Post by Surface2air » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:41 pm

thanks for all replies, my MOT and service are complete. I used VISAR garage in Sowerby near Thirsk N. Yorks. Andy (mech/owner) was well helpful and friendly. Locally they call him the Bongo King. (Sold me anyway). Am pleased with the work carried out, price and advice given.
http://www.visargarage.net/

Sam.

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”