Very Quiet Here!

Moderator: Ian

uk-ken

Very Quiet Here!

Post by uk-ken » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:12 am

Hello All

Where are you all? Have you all gone off on exotic holidays abroad? Am I the only one at home looking after kids thinking of wonderful new ways to keep them amused? Yesterday I took my daughter fishing but she spent more time in the Bongo! She made me a cup of tea and then helped when I cooked up some sausage, egg and beans. :D

It is grand to be able to spend time with both of my younguns but have another four weeks before they return to school! A long trip might be the answer!

Cheers, Ken
Barrington
Supreme Being

Re: Very Quiet Here!

Post by Barrington » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:31 am

HI ken your up early posting at 4.12am :shock:
take them to the lakes, that way you can get some fishing in too :D
Music is my Sanctuary!
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:44 am

blimey thought i was the insomniac -I was just going to bed at that time on monday.
problem with the school holidays is the price premium on campsites might be better to head off to scotland and wild camp.
Barrington
Supreme Being

Post by Barrington » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:48 am

Wild camping now thats our thing :D
karena wrote:blimey thought i was the insomniac -I was just going to bed at that time on monday.
problem with the school holidays is the price premium on campsites might be better to head off to scotland and wild camp.
Music is my Sanctuary!
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Post by Triple/R » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:57 am

uk-ken wrote:Hello All

Where are you all? Have you all gone off on exotic holidays abroad? Am I the only one at home looking after kids thinking of wonderful new ways to keep them amused? Yesterday I took my daughter fishing but she spent more time in the Bongo! She made me a cup of tea and then helped when I cooked up some sausage, egg and beans. :D

It is grand to be able to spend time with both of my younguns but have another four weeks before they return to school! A long trip might be the answer!

Cheers, Ken
Eyup Ken :) ~theres nowt wrong with that~a bit of fishing & a fry up,thats what we enjoy =D>
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!
uk-ken

Post by uk-ken » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:52 am

There are people out there!! 8)

I seem to have got into a bit of a routine of waking up at 04.00! :shock: I have a few things on my mind at the minute so rather than lying in bed disturbing my wife's rest I come downstairs, have a cuppa and look on the WWW!

I do love Scotland but the kids and my missus are heading of to the borders in a couple of weeks to a caravan and I am planning to shoot off with the dog to the Highlands then. :) There be pike in tham thar lochs! :D

On a positive note I just found out how to turn on the fog lamps on the bull bar I have just fitted! A switch hidden between the shutter switches!!! Now to get the Cibie's rubbed down and painted!

Cheers, Ken
diamond
Tribal Elder

Post by diamond » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:03 pm

If your up at 4am you should be on the riverbank in 45 mins. dawn & dusk ttfn diamond
uk-ken

Post by uk-ken » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Dawn and dusk are great times but I'd have to be home for 07.00 when my missus goes to work as I have the kids to look after. :cry:

Ken

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”