LPG gas test certificate!

Moderator: Ian

uk-ken

LPG gas test certificate!

Post by uk-ken » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:57 am

Hello again!

I will get this Bongo sorted out eventually!! :twisted:

I have just got a letter from my insurance firm. It looks like I have to prove that my Bongo is a camper van and doesn't just have a matress thrown into the back. No problem, a few photos will do the job! But, I need my LPG gas system to the gas rings testing so I can send them in a certificate.

Does anyone know where I can have this done or someone who can come to me to test my Bongo? Any help would be appreciated. :)

Regards, Ken
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Re: LPG gas test certificate!

Post by Ron Miel » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:35 am

Anybody on this register can do it: http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/ A simple low cost quickie job. Local fitters with the Gas Safe logo, listed in Yellow Pages, are another quick source. Ring a few for a price, and get the cheapest one to call in when passing - i.e., no call out charge.
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
uk-ken

Post by uk-ken » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:03 am

Thanks for your help! :)

Ken
uk-ken

Update!!!

Post by uk-ken » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:20 pm

I had found a LPG fitter who was prepared to issue me a safety certificate when I decided to call the insurance company and make sure I actually needed one. The lad I spoke to told me that as long as I could provide photos of the van interior showing it to be a properly converted campervan "no safety certificate would be required)! So, I explained the situation to the fitter, took some photos and sent them in.

My insurance cert arrived today! A five minute phone call saved me £50.00 :)

Regards, Ken
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:06 pm

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< :D
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Re: Update!!!

Post by Triple/R » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:48 pm

uk-ken wrote:I had found a LPG fitter who was prepared to issue me a safety certificate when I decided to call the insurance company and make sure I actually needed one. The lad I spoke to told me that as long as I could provide photos of the van interior showing it to be a properly converted campervan "no safety certificate would be required)! So, I explained the situation to the fitter, took some photos and sent them in.

My insurance cert arrived today! A five minute phone call saved me £50.00 :)

Regards, Ken
Eyup Ken~glad you got it sorted,but i'm always wary of insurance companies~i insured my caravan & the bloke on the phone said,has it got an hitchlock & wheelclamp (i'd only bought it a few days before) i said no~he said alright no problem & insured me~when my policy came (in the small print) it said if hitchlock & wheelclamp are'nt fitted your insurance would be void.

It's alright (when claiming) saying "well the bloke that insured me said#######they will wriggle out of paying if they can~~~i hope your insurers are alright for your sake but i would have a good read of your policy mate.
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!
uk-ken

Post by uk-ken » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:09 pm

I'll get my reading glasses oot! :)

Cheers, Ken

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”