Grimsby/Mablethorpe ideas?

Moderator: Ian

brorabongo
Supreme Being

Grimsby/Mablethorpe ideas?

Post by brorabongo » Thu May 27, 2010 3:46 pm

We'll be in the area again from the 5th July ( only 5 weeks on Monday to go!!), so any ideas for day trips or a meet in the area greatfully received?

All I know whats planned is a trip to Skegness Pleasure beach, we did Fantasy island last year and the kids loved it.

Cheers.
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
SPARKYSSS

Re: Grimsby/Mablethorpe ideas?

Post by SPARKYSSS » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

HI, so you are already on holiday so may not be on line - I live just outside Grimsby. In Cleethopres they have Pleasure Island that could be worth a visit - also a small but quite fun zoo.

Have a great time

marc
mrsdreamwarrior
Bongolier

Post by mrsdreamwarrior » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:47 pm

they have a seal sanctury at mablethorpe and a nice beach there dont know what their seal santuary is like but i quite enjoyed the one down south in cornwall.at skegness they have a wonderful paddling pool near the sea front,and you can sit there cos its sheltered,its a very curly paddling pool good for kids and adults if you need to cool your feet down.sorry dont know what else is there cos we only go there to mablethorpe to do our kite buggying
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:42 pm

SPARKYSSS wrote:HI, so you are already on holiday so may not be on line - I live just outside Grimsby. In Cleethopres they have Pleasure Island that could be worth a visit - also a small but quite fun zoo.

Have a great time

marc
Thanks Marc, we are still here and not due down till beginning of July as the kids don't finish school 2nd July, It's classed as off season so thats why ( if you ever wondered) there are so many Scots around town then. The site last year was like a little Glasgow. :lol:

We'll be in Grimsby a few times as the wife's Granny lives there, thats one of the reasons we holiday in the area. Two years ago we stayed at the Haven site in Cleethorpes next to Pleasure island, but we never visited it then. :? Look out for a Silver tintop (Oggy's) and a Green tintop (ours)
mrsdreamwarrior wrote:they have a seal sanctury at mablethorpe and a nice beach there dont know what their seal santuary is like but i quite enjoyed the one down south in cornwall.at skegness they have a wonderful paddling pool near the sea front,and you can sit there cos its sheltered,its a very curly paddling pool good for kids and adults if you need to cool your feet down.sorry dont know what else is there cos we only go there to mablethorpe to do our kite buggying
Cheers Mrs d, Oggy's family went to the seal sanctury last year and enjoyed it, we'll have to visit it this year, we also (only the once) walked to the beach...took all of two minutes from the site. :roll:

The strange thing is we have a beautifull beach on our door step here, again only a two minute walk but we hardly ever go down.
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
mrsdreamwarrior
Bongolier

Post by mrsdreamwarrior » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:54 pm

its like us here in york,plenty for everyone but we have never visited any of them,i should, as people are always asking me at work where and what we could do today,as i work in a hotel.
SPARKYSSS

Post by SPARKYSSS » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Only one place to visit in York and thats the bar with the seats outside on the river opposite the Queens Hotel mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”