Hello from Tad!

Moderator: Ian

Mountain

Re: Hello from Tad!

Post by Mountain » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:56 pm

mrsdreamwarrior wrote:just reminded me about harrogate,mvous is a musician from harrogate as well.
It's a bit arty up that way on I think :)
saracen

Post by saracen » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:17 am

Mountain wrote:
mrsdreamwarrior wrote:just reminded me about harrogate,mvous is a musician from harrogate as well.
It's a bit arty up that way on I think :)
and a bit further north there's us - medieval minstrels in a Bongo!
Mountain

Post by Mountain » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:51 am

and a bit further north there's us - medieval minstrels in a Bongo!
Cool 8)
I'm not quite medieval but I do play mandolin and bazouki :shock:

I did experiment with some medieval style bass playing to acompany a classical guitarist......in a punk band that I was in 20years ago :!:
mvous

Post by mvous » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi Mountain

Hope things are all sorted now, which garage in Harrogate did you take it to?

I'm a brass player by the way...Tenor Horn to be precise and have also played cornet, Flugel Horn, Euphonium and Baritone. Never mastered any of them :lol:
Now I'm teaching myself Guitar after being inspired by Mikeonb4c.......he's better than he makes out to be :wink:

Jason
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:30 pm

mvous wrote:Hi Mountain

I'm a brass player by the way...Tenor Horn to be precise and have also played cornet, Flugel Horn, Euphonium and Baritone. Never mastered any of them :lol:
Now I'm teaching myself Guitar after being inspired by Mikeonb4c.......he's better than he makes out to be :wink:

Jason
:oops: :oops: :oops:

As my old bass playing mate, rock legend John McCoy said to me though "It sounds great, the thing is can you reproduce that performance playing live." The answer is no :(. OK maybe if I actually practised regularly and did live gigs then I might. But I dont, and I've no real urge to be a frontman guitarist. The thing I really miss doing, the thing I reckon I'd have been good at, is producing. That's my real enthusiasm. So I got this Fostex 8-track and 'wrote' bass and drum lines on a Zoom box and laid them down on track 1 and track 2, then started playing a guitar rhythm over them until I captured something that more or less worked, then added lead guitar(s) and blues harp, tambourine etc. then I got the Big Man in to add his vocals, then I mixed it and added the necessary ambience. Eh Voila :D To do that would have taken a fullblown studio when I was in bands.

But I'm no virtuoso guitarist - trust me 8)
Mountain

Post by Mountain » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:38 pm

Strayside.

mikeonb4c
Cakewalk for your computer, a CD of dry sampled drums and a DI box. Plug those instruments in and compose away :)
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:41 am

you cant have my pipe from mazda garage, neil rang up today and said someone else wants the same pipe, it got to be you, im hoping to get there today to pick mine up.
mike, jo and emma
Mountain

Post by Mountain » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:13 pm

dreamwarrioruk wrote:you cant have my pipe from mazda garage, neil rang up today and said someone else wants the same pipe, it got to be you, im hoping to get there today to pick mine up.
:D Yep, that was me phoning this morning!
Mine's going to take a while, but my compression tape fix seems to be holding leak free so far.
mvous

Post by mvous » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:30 pm

thanks for the garage recommendation Mountain, been looking for a Bongo freindly garage near me for ages and it turns out I know the guy at Strayside :roll: Mark his name is, thouroughly nice chap who is going to fit my drop links tommorow and do the servicing from now on :D
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:28 pm

Mountain wrote:

Strayside.

mikeonb4c
Cakewalk for your computer, a CD of dry sampled drums and a DI box. Plug those instruments in and compose away :)
Thought about Cakewalk but didn't want to be chained to the PC or learning sophisticated software. The little Fostex can be taken anywhere and once you've got used to its bizarre menuing is really quite simple and has very nice sounds on it. I've not used it much since I made those tracks up some years back - once I'd got some stuff out of my system the enthusiasm waned. I found too that it takes real focus to compose and produce a bunch of tracks.

Wopps - I'm way off thread again :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mountain

Post by Mountain » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:42 pm

mvous wrote:thanks for the garage recommendation Mountain, been looking for a Bongo freindly garage near me for ages and it turns out I know the guy at Strayside :roll: Mark his name is, thouroughly nice chap who is going to fit my drop links tommorow and do the servicing from now on :D
Yes, nice bloke and very knowledgeable......I was expecting a bigger bill too :)
I've not used it much since I made those tracks up some years back - once I'd got some stuff out of my system the enthusiasm waned. I found too that it takes real focus to compose and produce a bunch of tracks.
LOL. Same goes for me and the cakewalk. I had a burst of enthusiasm and now I don't seem to have the time or patience :?

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”