Bongo-friendly garage - NE/Co Durham area?

Moderator: Ian

Harkers

Bongo-friendly garage - NE/Co Durham area?

Post by Harkers » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:24 pm

We picked up our Bongo at the weekend. Ok, so it is a fresh import not undersealed (yet) and know v little about it but we didn't pay that much and can hopefully make it really beautiful ourselves.

But we do want to get it serviced asap - does anyone know of a good garage somewhere near Darlington that would be happy to service the Bongo?
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo-friendly garage - NE/Co Durham area?

Post by missfixit70 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Welcome guys :D Hope you're enjoying your bongo. I've moved this to the N.E. Yorks section, I'm pretty sure there's a fair few members your way, have a quick search through the section, the answer may already be there, if not there's the list of bongo friendly garages in the members area.
Alternatively do it yourselves, it's not too difficult, with the help of the forum & factsheets in the members area. Make sure all the Jap coolant is thoroughly flushed out from the whole coolant system, refilled with coolant & bled properly, & best to get the cam belt done asap too
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Grim up North

Post by Grim up North » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:16 pm

The only Bongo garage/mechanics and importers all in house, i know of, in the North East is in Kirkby Stephen.
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:24 pm

This lot have had a mention before, can't personally say how good they are but near enough to be worth a call
Bridge Garage, Front Street, Annitsford, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 7QS. 0191 2500091
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Benjymac

Post by Benjymac » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Hi Harkers and welcome.

I use a garage in Marske-by the sea. When I bought it I got it fully serviced at this local garage and have used him ever since ( gearbox change, cruise control fitting, drop links etc.)

PM me if you want his details.

Regards

Benjy

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”