Bongo wannabe in Teesside

Moderator: Ian

Jonk

Bongo wannabe in Teesside

Post by Jonk » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi All

I've been checking out this great forum for the second time recently. I looked into getting a Bongo back in 2004 but circumstances didn't really suit it. We've now got twins and need more space than our current Mundano can give and fancy the idea of some camping trips, which is what has brought me back here.

The trouble is there don't seem to be many for sale in the Teesside area, and all the dealers I've tried (VGS Imports, North East Camper Conversions, etc) don't have what we're after (>1999, 2wd, AFT, ideally silver).

I'd be really grateful if I could arrange to have a look round another members >1999 Bongo as that is what we're after, ideally unconverted as we need the seat space, as my wife is yet to see the wonder of a Bongo in real life.

We're based in Ingleby Barwick, near Yarm, but I work in Billingham.
Any help much appreciated.

Ta

Jon
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo wannabe in Teesside

Post by mister munkey » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:17 pm

Not a million miles from you, a few of us are at the Tan Hill Inn the weekend after next if you fancy a snoop around. . . . .

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 25&t=29532

8)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Jonk

Post by Jonk » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Thanks for the kind offer but we're at a wedding in the Midlands that weekend.
We'll definitely try and get over to the next meet though.

Thanks again

Jon
vanman

Post by vanman » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi Mike at Darlo here,, I looked in autotrader on the net first, narrowed down area, Roof type & engine, looked at dealers first.. Found one in thirsk but the dealer has stopped selling them now, mines standard green over silver, 95 N goes like a dream in fact just been to london & back this weekend, 5 bongos at least in darlo now,,,
Good look on the search..

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”