Hello from bongo Newbie

Moderator: Ian

budd

Hello from bongo Newbie

Post by budd » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi All
Seriously considering a Bongo, I’ve being doing the usual research and trying to familiarise myself with the various specs and configurations, but it’s quite daunting trying to work out which of the seemingly limitless combination of specs and layouts is the right one.
What I need is to have a look at various cars and pick the brains of owners in order to determine what I should be looking for. It deffinenatly needs the lifting roof as the plan is to use it to get away with the family as much as poss in the summer but as for the rest 4x4, diesel or petrol, level of camperification ( new word??) how much to spend , well that’s where I need input from experienced Bongo owners .
So is there any meets /mini meets in the West Yorks area (I’m based in Ossett nr Wakefield) but I don’t mind a drive out and it would be interesting to see a few Bongos together and get a feel for what’s normal and what’s possible, and of course meet some owners.
waycar8
Supreme Being

Re: Hello from bongo Newbie

Post by waycar8 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:28 pm

hey budd, welcome not too far away from me, I live in liversedge :wink: near heckmondwike.

Acouple of bongos round here and on the forum, we do have meets next ones up at the hill of oaks windermere, or theres the york bash, nothing close as of yet but you can always pop down here some time and have a natter and a brew, get a couple of other bongos down and we can subject you to a bongo lecture :lol:

I am going to the santa pod meet on friday till monday so if you want to pop down sometime after that we can sort sumat out.

Cheers Wayne
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Welcome to the Club. Budd. :)
Things always get better after they are worse
So it's good to make things worse as soon as possible!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:43 pm

Welcome budd and Happy Bongo hunting. Loads of advice on here (have a search) plus members support is outstanding. Just ask away 8)
budd

Post by budd » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:58 pm

thanks for the warm welcome to the forum, the world of Bongo seems a friendly one indeed :D .
Also cheers for the offer Wayne, that sounds a perfect introduction and exactly the type of thing that will help me make a informed choice, We're away to the Isle of Man on Sat for 10 days so I'll drop you a line when we get back see if we can sort something out. Thanks again.
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi and welcome from us. We'd be happy to pop along to "Waycars World" if you can't make Windermere. :D
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:56 pm

ChellandAdy wrote: "Waycars World"

I like that that quote :lol: , will use that in a sig :wink:
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:40 pm

We live in Keighley if you want to get in touch, any advice we can give? just ask :wink:
Image Pete
DLC

Post by DLC » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:08 am

Hello :D I'm in Wakefield - but my bongo is not converted in any way, used to kip in it by myself, but now I've got a family I'm going to use it to tow a tin snail :roll: This I think means I'm getting older :lol:
chief wiggam

Post by chief wiggam » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:04 pm

Welcome...i'm in Barnsley so not far away :D
z00non

Post by z00non » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:13 pm

Welcome aboard, Shipley "the land of dreams" myself, but have been meaning to get over to "Waycars World" since, well, hummm ......... has it been that long :-k :-k
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:55 pm

welcome DLC, where abouts in wakey are you?

z00non, sort sumat out mate soon :wink:
DLC

Post by DLC » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:05 am

waycar8 wrote:welcome DLC, where abouts in wakey are you?
in Outwood area

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”