Bongo Garage near Wakefield?

Moderator: Ian

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Bongo Garage near Wakefield?

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:08 pm

Oh here we go. Expect 40+ Bongos boddhi - any excuse for a convoy. These Yorkshire folk - I dunno :lol:
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:09 pm

dreamwarrioruk wrote:is anyone invited to the minimeet then.

your always welcome Mike you dont need an invite :wink: , you know where i live 8) just dont forget your multimeter :?: :!: :wink: :wink:
boddhi

Post by boddhi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:31 pm

Everyone as far as I'm concerned! The more the merrier!!!!
boddhi

Post by boddhi » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:51 pm

Just to let you all know - I've just heard from the people who are selling the van. The've booked it into Sovereign cars this Thursday. The mechanic said it sounded like something to do with the manifold from how they explained it but anway it's going to be looked at by the garage I requested and sorted. Can't say fairer than that, particularly as one of their fathers is a mechanic and offered to sort it. They said no and went with my request to have it looked at by Soveriegn. I think that show's that they are very trustworthy. They sound like nice people on the phone aswell.

So, hopefully sometime early next week I'll be a proud new owner!!!!!

£102 for a single train ticket from Exeter to Wakefield. I could fly to Spain for less than that - return!
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:24 pm

boddhi wrote:Just to let you all know - I've just heard from the people who are selling the van. The've booked it into Sovereign cars this Thursday. The mechanic said it sounded like something to do with the manifold from how they explained it but anway it's going to be looked at by the garage I requested and sorted. Can't say fairer than that, particularly as one of their fathers is a mechanic and offered to sort it. They said no and went with my request to have it looked at by Soveriegn. I think that show's that they are very trustworthy. They sound like nice people on the phone aswell.

So, hopefully sometime early next week I'll be a proud new owner!!!!!

£102 for a single train ticket from Exeter to Wakefield. I could fly to Spain for less than that - return!
Sounds like its the no 1 manifold stud thats sheared off, common problem :wink: , when you planning on coming up Marc?
boddhi

Post by boddhi » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi Wayne

Not sure yet. Going to wait until after Thursday when we know exactly what the problem is and then arrange a mutually convenient time. It may be Saturday but more likely to be Mon or Tues next week. Also down to train availability etc.
chief wiggam

Post by chief wiggam » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:25 pm

I would just like to say that the Sovereign garage are fantastic... :wink: As i only work next door to them they do all my bongo work and even the old works donkey(van) and find them really helpfull and nice people to talk to........p.s i'll make one to the mini meet if its this weekend :P
boddhi

Post by boddhi » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:58 pm

Just heard. Needs a new manifold. Going to be done on Monday and they are also replacing a cracked mirror. So hopefully picking it up on Tuesday.
northerntaff

Post by northerntaff » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:48 pm

Welcome Boddhi and congrats on your new purchase. I bet you're just itching to get a hold of your new ride!! 8)

Good luck on meeting the Bongo tribe up there. I've never met any of em, but I'm born and bred Wakefield so I'm sure they'll all be a sound bunch. (mind you I moved away 15years + ago!!! :lol: :wink: and keep away if I can!! :wink: :roll: )
boddhi

Post by boddhi » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:01 pm

Guys, I have a BIG favour to ask!

I have just spoken to guy at Tong Park Cars, Otley Rd, Baildon Tel: 01274 714111

He has what he explains as a VERY nice 1996 bongo for £1750 with one owner since import, serviced and cambelt changed and quite low mileage. I am edging my bets because the ebay sellers keep putting me off and this SOUNDS like a nice motor!

Is there any chance that anyone could have a quick scan for me. If it's as good as it sounds I can then out a deposit on it. I'm flying up on Tuesday you see and don't want to lose out.

I know it's a big ask - but you don't know unless you ask do you?

Here's hoping, marc
boddhi

Post by boddhi » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:22 pm

Blimey - you guys went quiet. Must have been the nice weather, Bongo weather that is!

It's gone six on monday now so the garage is shut and I fly up tomorrow with a mechanic so it's sorted now. If it's still available that is. I haven't called them - I don't dare!

I've got a whole list of bongo's to see all over the country if these in Wakefield don't work out. From Romford to camarthen, so it could be an intersting few days.

I'll let you know how i get on.
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:26 pm

wow sounds like you have a road trip planned :shock: , your right about the weather, i wa outside all day doing bits and bats......o and finally got round to fitting my solar panel to the aft on the bongo, so hopefully no more flat leisure battery :roll: if your still in the area after 5 call in for a brew :wink: pm sent :wink:
boddhi

Post by boddhi » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:29 am

I've got a hangover! Spent last night in York - What a fantastic place!!!!!! Beautiful to say the least.

The car at Tong Park was a Dog! Smelt disgusting, was yellow from fag stains, ripped seats, stained carpets, missing bits here and there and dented all over. The guy at Tong Park Cars is not honest and I would recommend everyone to stay away (IMHO).

Back on the original Ford Freda today - hoping to negotiate as the garage says it hasn't been serviced in a long while and no cambelt change even though it's done 93,000 miles. If that's a no go - it's a train down to carmarthen later!
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:43 pm

get your bongo and then get yourself booked into the york bash ive organised for beginning of june

wife wants to know where you stayed in york.

wayne i hope you covered the roof cause thats the only way you will get enought to charge a lb off solar panels.
mike, jo and emma
boddhi

Post by boddhi » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi Mike

We stayed at the Travelodge - £55. York is fabulous - one of the nicest places in the UK that I have been to.

Just got back to Exeter - stayed in Nottingham last night. Very happy with the freda and will update details now. Going to take off bullbars though because they're not to my liking. A few small rust patches to sort and a good clean needed. Ver tired now after lots of travelling, going to go for a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, thankyou to everyone for your advice.

Marc

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”